PDA

View Full Version : dock/nightstand for my phone

dltccf
10-17-2011, 06:52 AM
I made this dock/nightstand for my phone. I can post the pattern if anyone wants to make one of their own. This fits the Droid Incredible but can be resized to whatever phone you have. You will need to move the usb connector location also. The Droid characters came from the droid font at fontspace.com. I would show you how good it looks with the phone in it, but I use the phone as my camera.

dave

lawrence
10-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I would show you how good it looks with the phone in it, but I use the phone as my camera.

dave

I would be like "I'm just going to take a picture of it with the... oh DANGIT! (and my wife would start laughing)

Now that is just slick - excellent idea that, I'll bet, would sell like hotcakes. very nice design and thank you for sharing it with us

Lawrence

dltccf
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
I would be like "I'm just going to take a picture of it with the... oh DANGIT! (and my wife would start laughing)

Now that is just slick - excellent idea that, I'll bet, would sell like hotcakes. very nice design and thank you for sharing it with us

Lawrence

LOL, I actually did that. I put it in the stand and then two minutes later when I went to take the picture I went through all my pockets thinking "where did I put that?".

LittleRedWoodshop
10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Nice project ...

easybuilt
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Very nice project and an excellent idea! Can you post the pattern? Thanks!!

dltccf
10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Very nice project and an excellent idea! Can you post the pattern? Thanks!!

Sure, but I will have to wait until I get home. I don't have it with me at at work.

dave

b.sumner47
10-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Great Idea ! Nice project. Capt Barry

dltccf
10-17-2011, 08:27 PM
here it is.48131 Three things to know: the font came from fontspace.com named droid font. You will have to adjust size to you phone if you use a different one. you will also have to adjust the location of the USB connector. I cut the bottom off with the table saw after adjusting to about 15 degrees, this gives enough lean back to be stable. The base was not made with the cw.

Pratyeka
10-18-2011, 02:20 PM
if you have front facing camera, use a mirror...