PDA

View Full Version : Got big nuts to loosen???

Jon Jantz
01-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Then use this wrench.

Created in Coreldraw... imported into Designer...

Step by step coming soon. No sanding done on it yet, gonna paint it with that Hammered Gray paint and I'll post a pic of it once it's painted.

The possibilities of this machine are endless...

dcozort
01-19-2007, 04:27 AM
Come on Jon your killing us we need some design tips.... O.K. if you don't have a step by step yet then at least tell me what software I need to buy to get a jump on things..... That wrench is awsom 8) 8) 8) ... I have to say I don't have any experence with corel, coreldraw or any other program of that type.... So I need to start reading software manuals just point me in the right direction .... Thanks Dennis ........ P.S. Hurry, Hurry!!!!!!!!!!

BobHill
01-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Excellent work from straight vector, Jon. But you did something wrong <g>. You should have put CRAFTSMAN on the handle for a name and sold the idea to SEARS. Not only good work, but a great idea. Did you also try a probe to see how that would work on a "real" one?

Bob

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2007, 11:48 PM
If you scan something like this wrench can you scale it bigger or smaller in the software?

AL

BobHill
01-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Yes you can, which is just one of the beauties of having the 3D probe. It's one of the features that I need to make miniature carvings. Make a model of what I need, then reduce it in size for carving. I haven't had the chance to do so yet, but soon.

Bob

GregMelton
01-20-2007, 09:44 AM
So could this be created using the probe, or is it better to create the image with a program like the Master of the Carvers (Jon) did? Definately post finished pictures!

I know you said you will give us step by step, but before then did you let the machine cut out the finished piece or did you use your scroll saw? I can't tell from the pictures. What is the preferred method of getting the final outline of a piece like this?

I am envious of Jon's work to date. Everything looks fantastic. I hope to get a machine someday (according to Sears it could be any day now) and provide some good clean competition, I mean comparable work.

I am constantly checking the gallery drooling over what everyone is doing!

tteveris
01-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Nice work Jon. So are you ready to enter the "router wars" with Dan and Raymond ? Have you used the "probe" yet ?

Jon Jantz
01-20-2007, 06:22 PM
shhhhhh... tteveris...

I haven't been broadcasting to all them that I have a router yet.. .lol

I gotta learn this software and how to create these files a little better before I let all them know.. not quite ready for 'router wars' yet.

No, I don't have a probe yet, would love to get one. I've just been creating all my files in Coreldraw.. tweaking them in Photopaint and importing into the Designer program.

Thanks all for the comments...

I'm still working on about 3 tutorials... will be putting them on here soon.

tteveris
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I did notice you NEVER said anything on the other board. Well good for you, I agree with Andrew (VectorArt) that it's just another tool in the toolbox and I believe it can add value to your signage. Oh, I will not say a thing.

Jeff_Birt
02-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I was inspired by Jon's design and with what I have learned from his how-to videos http://www.allcw.com/ and made my own version shown below. If you guys have not seen his Corel draw videos they are a definate MUST (and a great deal).

Jon Jantz
02-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Very nice, Jeff!! Of all the things I have sitting around the shop that I've carved, people like that wrench the best..

Especially since I painted it with that Hammered Gray paint, it's funny to hand it to hand it to someone and see their hand shoot up in the air when they grab it...

They are expecting it to weigh a bunch and are surprised! hehehe..