PDA

View Full Version : Brand New and Cannot open project manager

Schramm
10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I do not have a clue where the download went that I did today, but I cannot open the project manager. I am signed in, I am registered and I downloaded the latest version onto both my macs but cannot find the app to open it.
Can anyone help?

henry1
10-14-2011, 08:50 PM
I do not have a clue where the download went that I did today, but I cannot open the project manager. I am signed in, I am registered and I downloaded the latest version onto both my macs but cannot find the app to open it.
Can anyone help?
Must be in the program file

lynnfrwd
10-14-2011, 09:02 PM
You have to install as administrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynnfrwd
10-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Sorry I don't know enough about Mac to help further.

fwharris
10-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Do a search for "gui.exe"...

Schramm
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I now have this open but now realize that it is running in DEMO mode and that may be the issue that I am having. I have signed in each time I open this but yet it still thinks that I am running it in demo is there a reason why?

Thank you so much for your nearly immediate help, it is a great forum!

Rob

fwharris
10-14-2011, 09:46 PM
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/learn/cwlearn.php Here is the link to the learning lab and the install instructions for the MAC..

lynnfrwd
10-14-2011, 10:29 PM
It has something to do with installing as or in the administrator login on Mac.

Schramm
10-14-2011, 11:30 PM
If I call in tomorrow will someone be able to help me?

henry1
10-15-2011, 06:59 AM
If I call in tomorrow will someone be able to help me?
They close on sat if your caliing LHR

gapdev
10-15-2011, 11:46 AM
If you are running Lion, the Carvewright software will not be able to save its settings, and I presume this means that when you register the software, it won't be able to record that fact so you'll be stuck in Demo mode every time you run the software.

It also won't be able to save the last projects opened or any of your modified toolbar settings.

I filed a report about this a few weeks ago and a new version was released, but it did not fix the Lion problem.

Until they fix the problem, you'll need to run the program as root and this means opening a terminal session and running the Carvewright app using sudo

if you don't know what sudo is and how to open a terminal session, PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS as you can cause lots of problems with your computer when you give yourself root privileges.

I'd rather you pester Carvewright until they fix the problem.

Kenny

b.sumner47
10-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Just in case no one has said it yet," Welcome Aboard" !! Capt Barry

Schramm
10-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Well I do not think that I am using LION on my office Mac but I defiantly am on my MacBook Air. I was able to save the design, I was able to upload it and after spending 30 minutes to clean the posts and the screws then running to get white lithium grease, I had 100% success! I will say that if I can get this mac issue fixed or figure how to work around it, I am going to buy 2 more of these so I can run the entire mirror frame at the same time. I am so use to the limitations of wood appliques that now that I can add my own art I am going to triple the sales of my mirrors without doubt.

Here is a link to my website if you want to see what i do for a living.
www.antiqued-mirrors.com

Rob