PDA

View Full Version : Kinda cool and funny.......

chebytrk
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Saw this on another local forum in which a guy's wife placed an order for wood to make a guitar....... See below:

My husband is building a custom guitar so for his birthday I'm giving him some of the things he will need to get started. So, I ordered the wood from Woodworkers Source. This is the email that I received confirming that my order has been shipped. It was so cute that it makes me want to buy from them again - as long as my shipment arrives in the gold-laced cardboard box they promised. :smile:

I have some great news, Brandi.

Our team of 107 hard working (and exceptionally good looking) employees has - with great care and attention - selected, packaged and shipped your order #111111 on this beautiful day.

I really think you'd have enjoyed watching all the action when your order came through. When I handed it to Robert, our master packager, he looked at the order, smiled, pulled out a pair of his favorite Italian leather gloves and slid them onto his hands. "Nothing but the best," he said. And off he went! As he selected your order, he placed it all on a satin-lined chariot to transport it to the packaging center. And there's more . . .

All other 106 crew members stopped. Every last one of them. They gathered around, lit incense and candles, and watched with hushed awe as he wrapped the entire order in the finest gold-laced cardboard and stretch wrap that money can buy. Seriously, you could have heard a pin drop.

In the end, the guys were so thrilled that they wanted to throw a party just for your order. We're talking about a big fiesta with live music, a roasted pig, and a dessert spread of homemade chocolate ganache, Ukranian prune tortes, and cinnamon madeleines. You should have seen the look on the UPS driver's face when he showed up. He thought he was going to pick up the packages as usual, but instead we picked *him* up carried him down the street on our shoulders while the band played. You can imagine what happened next, right? Our neighbors came outside to see what the fuss was all about, and when they saw your beautiful order they joined in, and toasted ol' Robert who then delivered a rather moving speech on the joys of working with wood as a means to self improvement.

Someone must have called the local TV stations because the next thing I knew I had six interviews to handle for reporters who asked, "What does she intend to make?" But don't worry, your secret's safe. I told them, "World peace." Man! If only woodworking could do that!

Anyway, the guys hope to see pictures of what you make so we can have another party (I know what you're thinking). I hope you had a wonderful time shopping at Woodworkers Source. We enjoyed every minute of it, and we've named you "Customer of the Year." That gets you a pretty good parking spot right out front if you ever come see us. So come see us some time.

Okay, okay. You want the info, I'm sure. Your tracking information is below, or you can also get it all by logging into your at account at our website.

After you receive your order, we'd love to know what you think.

Thanks again,
Craig Haggarton and The 107 Good Looking Lumber Pickers
Woodworkers Source
orders@woodworkerssource.com
800-423-2450

Icutone2
10-13-2011, 12:02 PM
WOW! Thay sure stacked it thick for her. Thanks for showing it.
Lee

GrammaPam
10-14-2011, 02:45 PM
You have to appreciate an economy where people actualy enjoy having a job again.

Pratyeka
10-14-2011, 02:55 PM
If only politicians had the same attitude when serving the people who voted them in...

chebytrk
10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
If only politicians had the same attitude when serving the people who voted them in...

Agreed. If they were all on the same playing field as the rest of americans that might hold true.

lynnfrwd
10-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Makes me want to order something just to see if I get the same response!!!

cnsranch
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Connie - you guys don't respond to your loyal, dedicated, 8-fingered customers like that?

I'm very concerned.

lawrence
10-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I LOVE my local woodworker's source. The guys working there are friendly, helpful, and know their stuff. Though their prices are a little high on domestics, there is no other place around that I can get everything from amboynia to zebrawood... (and all letters in between) I actually first bought from them online (when I was in Texas) and was very pleased with my purchase.

I'll try and take some pics the next time I'm in there--
Lawrence

lynnfrwd
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Connie - you guys don't respond to your loyal, dedicated, 8-fingered customers like that?

I'm very concerned.

You find me 107 hardworking & exceptionally good looking workers and we'll definitely throw a party! I'm pretty sure my creative marketing juices might start flowing a little better, I could come up with some witty email response and then LHR could send things out in gold laced cardboard.

Just sayin'....