PDA

View Full Version : new crank handle not doing 5 clicks

Dredge
10-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello, looking for any help on crank handle not clicking. I just replaced the side panel which came assembled. Got everything back together, machine going up and down just fine only the new handle does not do the five clicks. Is there some sort of adjustment i need to do to the handle itself because it did not come with any instructions. Looked in the owners manual and could not find any info on that suject.Im thinking that this new part does not do the clicks? Afraid to run machine because I might damage something. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

WRW
10-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Good Morning Dredge
I do not bellieve they would remove that function. I would remove the crank handle and reseat it to get the click back.
Blow up of crank assembley at this link (Page 10 0f 15).
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/CW_parts_list_manual.pdf
Have a great day.

Dredge
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your reply. I went to the manual but i cant find any intructions on reseating the crank or how exacly that procedure is done. Thanks Dredge

atauer
10-12-2011, 10:28 AM
When WRW stated to reseat the crank, he was referring to the actual handle itself. There is a single screw that holds the handle onto the machine. If you remove it, you should be able to pull the crank handle off.

When you look at the crank, there are two flats on the piece that goes inside the stabilizer assembly, (you can see these flats on part number 153 on page 9 of the link that WRW posted). These flats actually sit inside the crank plate inside the stabilizer. It is possible that the handle did not get seated inside the crank plate properly, and it is applying constant pressure to the plate. That plate should be able to slide back and forth on the shaft of the handle.

Back the screw that holds the handle on off a bit. The handle should come out of the stabilizer some. Once you have it backed off, spin the handle while applying a slight amount of pressure. You should feel it drop into the crank plate. Once it has dropped into the crank plate, keep applying the pressure while you are tightening the screw, to keep the handle shaft inside the crank plate.

If it still doesn't clutch after that, call tech support for more help.

Dredge
10-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Took the steps that your recommended and crank is working fine now. Thanks for all your help and have a great weekend! dredge