PDA

View Full Version : CERT plaque pattern help please

Capt Bruce
10-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Fellow Forumites,

I've recently graduated from the Community Emergency Response Team program and now I'm a CERT member for my workplace and my neighborhood. I'd like to make some plaques for the Fire Dept team that provided our instruction to thank them for their time (and their considerable patience).

I've attempted the process using the attached graphic but it just is not turning out well so I thought I'd ask if anyone might already have one or would be willing to take a stab at it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like to know more about CERT in your home area just do a search for YOURCOUNTYHERE CERT or PM me.

lawrence
10-10-2011, 04:39 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/cert.jpg

How's this Capt?

chebytrk
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Lawrence, you have now been raised to the degree of Obie WoodWon Kanobie. Along with other few Obie WoodWons on this Forum. I've been trying to come up with some type of short nickname for the "Chosen Few" Obie WoodWon Kanobies& right now all I can come up with is ..... "The Great Woodies" and some how that just don't quite ring right.... :roll:

Fellow Forumites,

I've recently graduated from the Community Emergency Response Team program and now I'm a CERT member for my workplace and my neighborhood. I'd like to make some plaques for the Fire Dept team that provided our instruction to thank them for their time (and their considerable patience).

I've attempted the process using the attached graphic but it just is not turning out well so I thought I'd ask if anyone might already have one or would be willing to take a stab at it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

If you would like to know more about CERT in your home area just do a search for YOURCOUNTYHERE CERT or PM me.

LittleRedWoodshop
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Lawrence ... another option might be to delete the wording off of the design and then use Designer to put it back on ... that way you can centerline it, which saves time or the design could be used as a presentation plaque with the graduates information places in that space.

lawrence
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
no problem! (and thanks for the compliment Jerry... my face is red)
Lawrence

LittleRedWoodshop
10-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Lawrence you rock ... those look really nice ..... The Force is Strong in this One .....

LittleRedWoodshop
10-10-2011, 06:02 PM
It might look something like this ...

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/14/04/28/42/fullsc42.jpg

b.sumner47
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Congradulations, Well Done. Capt Bruce, Capt Barry

lawrence
10-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Of course in my rush to make a pattern I neglected to say congratulations...congrats on your graduation capt!

sent from my droid using tapatalk

Capt Bruce
10-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Lawrence and Gentlemen,

I am so impressed that words fail me. Outstanding clean interpretation of the graphic and posted in less than one hour. WOW, Obie Wan it is!

I'm going to try several of the variations suggested to see if they can be made up as personalized Thank You gifts for all our Instructors and their Battalion Chiefs, to let them know just how much we appreciate their dedication to the community. You have all made my project much easier and raised the carvings to the state of art rather than just a near image as the final output. Time for a sharp bit in the chuck and optimal speed.

My very sincere thanks. Grasshopper again salutes your skills and mastery. :smile:

LittleRedWoodshop
10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Congrats Capt. Bruce ... I am looking forward to seeing your finished work.

easybuilt
10-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Nice job Capt Bruce!! I am impressed with your decication to your community!That is nice of you to also take care of thoses who helped you too.

Capt Bruce
10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Lawrence and all,

Had the time to run a test carve of two 9 x 15" signs last night and I wanted to thank you again for the supberb pattern you made for me from that graphic. Attached is fresh from the CW prior to any sanding or finishing. That comes this weekend. I cut two so that one can be stained and finished and the second will be a full paint job finish. More photos to follow.

Then I'm going to experiment with the personalized variants using Centerline text and see what looks good for proportions. Again my sincere thanks on behalf of our CERT team.

lawrence
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
That looks great! Glad we could help and thanks again for all you are doing. Please be sure to post pics when it is finished.

Lawrence

easybuilt
10-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Beautiful job Capt Bruce! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

dbfletcher
10-14-2011, 05:40 AM
I have to agree.. the pattern and carve look great! I cant wait to see the finished product.

b.sumner47
10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Great work with the carve ,looks sharp and clean. What type of wood ? Capt Barry

Capt Bruce
10-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Thank you again Lawrence and all.
Capt Barry, the wood is just common pine from Lowes. Seemed to hold the details very well and few fuzzies with that new clean 1/16" carving bit and cutting at BEST.