PDA

View Full Version : When I check my sensors I get Board Sensor: 0

gedmunds
10-07-2011, 04:53 PM
When I check my sensors, 0-7 lid closed, rollers compressed, I get Board Sensor: 0, I've been reading E 303 error message but my machine, model b, only has 2.5 hours on it. I run one job and everything is great then I try another job and I get a E 303 message. This is very frustrating to me as I haven't been able to do any finish product over the past few days. I surley can't be my cable with this few hours on it. The software is all up to date so now what can I do????

Digitalwoodshop
10-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Lets start with a proper test...

A sheet of white copy paper on the board and cranked down on the board. The reading is a reflection of light when the 2 LED's or lights shine on the board and a hole between the LED's has a photo sensor. You should get a 156 with this.

Still get a Zero.... Crank up the head until you can get a flashlight to shine directly into the sensor just to see if it works... OR a mirror or CD and reflect light into the sensor.

Still getting Zero try tugging on the cable as seen in my picture. The cable likes to slide down the side of the one sided plastic holder and rest on the sharp edge of the machine. Vibration from the QC will cause the sharp edge to cut into the insulation like a Festool Vibration cutter. By pulling the cable up is is possible to dislodge the short or pinched wire.... Removing the Sensor from the bottom and making like FLOSS and pulling up and down....

SO say you still get zero and the floss trick did not work... I would remove the sensor and cut down the back of it exposing the LED's... It is possible that both LED's have snapped off.... YOU can remove the plastic lens and clean the lens and when done seal it back up with masking tape. I have the one in the picture still going since 2009, see the date on the picture.... Catch the plastic edge with the tape.

Let us know what you get...

AL

gedmunds
10-08-2011, 03:03 PM
A sheet of white copy paper on the board and cranked down on the board. The reading is a reflection of light when the 2 LED's or lights shine on the board and a hole between the LED's has a photo sensor. You should get a 156 with this.

For this option I get 59 - 60

gedmunds
10-08-2011, 03:16 PM
I now get 156 on the board sensor but as soon as I try and carve I get the Z-Stall e-303 error again....... this is very frustrating.....

AskBud
10-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I now get 156 on the board sensor but as soon as I try and carve I get the Z-Stall e-303 error again....... this is very frustrating.....Z-Stall is the up and down movement of the truck, not the board sensor.
What chuck do you have?
What bit is it failing with?
Does it move to the touch plat and touch before it fails?
Exactly where in the process does the failure occur?
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
10-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Ask Bud is right, it's the up down of the Z.... We need a little more details.... As to what the machine does correct and what it does wrong... If you have the 1/8 inch cutting bit in when you get the error then the bit could be mounted too long.... The 1/8 inch bit is setup up in the machine for a very close tolerance as it optimizes the CarveTite and the bit with the pressed on holder. IF we users with the ROCK make the bit too long we get all kinds of faults.... It could be smashing into the bit flag being too long and the current sensitivity that detects the increase in current and reverses the direction. Too long and it hits too soon before the sensor is turned on... The FIX... Emulate the Length that Designer is looking for... It usually means choking up on the bit in length.

You might think this is a bad thing... But in reality, if you have dirty rails, it will power through it... No stalls....

AL