PDA

View Full Version : Sears maintenancxe agreement

jerrbitt
10-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Well I found out it works but for me in a strange roundaboutway. I encountered a Y axis stallmessage which was finally diagnosed as a y motor fault or who knows. Since I still had almost two years to run onthe Sears maintenance agreement, took it to the Sears Store. Emphasized that I wanted it to be sent to theTexas repair facility which the Sears manger readily agreed to although they have reapir centers located closer to me in NC.
Imagine my surprise a few days later receiving a call fromLHR saying they had my machine and wanted to know whether I wanted to upgradethe belts while they had it for repair. They had no idea why UPS delivered the machine to them rather than toSears. Talked to the Sears manager andthey said they would contact LHR to get the machine sent to them. Heard nothing more until LHR called and saidthe repairs were complete and were waiting to get paid some $400. Back to Sears to explain. Received a call from a Sears rep in Chicagoand explained what happened or what I think happened. (UPS looked at the address on the box rather thanthe shipping slip and sent it to LHR.
Long story short, Sears agreed to pay and asked LHR to billthem. LHR says no they want cash or acredit card. Sears pays and the machineis returned to Sears. Sears asks me topay for the $99 for the upgrade of the belts from sandpaper to rubber, I agree.
Total bill for repair is $335 (Sears did some negotiation Iguess) Doesn’t seem too bad for a newBoard Tracking Assembly; X Motor Mount Assembly; X Drive Motor Pack; X driveGear Train Assembly and a reconditioned clear cover –thought the other coverwas fine. Anyway after 274 hours of cut time, I have I hope a good up-to-dateworking machine. And for the couple of hundred bucks I paid for the maintenance agreemnt, it sure was a good buy.
Most important thing is I ran a project last night and it asmusic to my ears to hear the machine hum (scream) along without any errors.

Kenm810
10-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I just love to read a story, where in the the final lines -- all ends well. :cool: