PDA

View Full Version : Trim?

cestout
10-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I was scrolling thru the software manual and found an optional feature with no splat (asterisk, sometimes called a Nathan Hale "I regret that I have but one *** to risk for my country) an indication it is not part of an add-on. It was called Trim. My CAD program has a trim feature. What is it and where is it avalible?
Clint

Alan Malmstrom
10-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I can't understand what your talking about but I think your looking for the Character Map. On a Windows PC you can find it at Start Menu All Programs Accesories. You can find what you want in any specific font and then Copy and Paste it into whatever your working on.

It looks like this47804

Alan

bergerud
10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
There is a filter in the Pattern Editor called trim edges. Is that what you are talking about? It is very useful to clean up those noisy bitmap edges.

AskBud
10-05-2011, 10:02 PM
There is a filter in the Pattern Editor called trim edges. Is that what you are talking about? It is very useful to clean up those noisy bitmap edges.
Trim Edges removes the bright green outline around your image, however, you can apply it too strongly and remove needed portions of your pattern as well (if you are not careful).

My "Download" link, below, has several lessons where the titles begin with the word "Pattern". Viewing those lessons may give you insight into some of the Editing concepts. These lessons will touch on removing the "Noise" of which you speak.

Besides my AVI lessons on the link are other links to many other sites, LHR tutorials, as well as LHR Tips and Tricks. These will give you lots of concepts to digest.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
In reference to the "*" that is seen on Fire Department Helmets = something like I only have one life to give in the performance of my duty... The rest is ?.

cestout
10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
The trim I am asling about is listged in the Software Manual. I downloaded the latest (for 1.178 doesn't have Conforming Vectors) after I downloaded 1.180. On page 11 " Trim Tool to trim intersecting line segments ". What is it and where is it. The alternate names for the asterisk are from back in the 70's, I think, when we were discussing programming etc for the the early computerized telephone switching systems or in the late 70's regarding Unix. Does the same thing in Unix that it does in MSDos.
Clint