PDA

View Full Version : Michael Leslie work

gedmunds
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Michael Leslie work inspired me to try and make a piece/project along the lines of what he has done..... however not nearly as complicated. This is what I am trying to do with a piece that I am designing. I want to start out with a 3/4"piece of solid wood then put the pattern on the piece, then when the carving is done I am left with 1/2" wood with a 1/4" raised pattern....... No matter how hard I try I can make this happen. It there a tutorial or Video on this to help me out.

dbfletcher
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
AskBud has lots of video lessons you can watch. They can be found here or just look in the signature section of any of his postings.

http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-...0downloads.htm

W (http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud downloads.htm)hat you want to accomplish is easy enough, but there always has to be something for the rollers to ride on. This is generally when a lot of people use sleds and this tends to trip up a lot of newbies as well. In order to make something raised, you remove the wood around what you want to be raised. I'm sure bud has a video on doing exactly that.

AskBud
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Michael Leslie work inspired me to try and make a piece/project along the lines of what he has done..... however not nearly as complicated. This is what I am trying to do with a piece that I am designing. I want to start out with a 3/4"piece of solid wood then put the pattern on the piece, then when the carving is done I am left with 1/2" wood with a 1/4" raised pattern....... No matter how hard I try I can make this happen. It there a tutorial or Video on this to help me out.
Go to my signature area, below, and click on the "Download" link. In that link, you will find an AV version of the tutorial titled "Regions and Surfaces". let's see if that give you the concept you need.
AskBud

mtylerfl
10-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Hello and Welcome!

The Tips & Tricks newsletters cover what you were asking about (it's simply creating a carve region and putting your pattern/text/whatever within the region). When you get a chance, be sure to download and read the Tips & Tricks...they will help you better understand your machine, the software and also teach you how to avoid common user errors. The link to download them is below my signature. All the best to you, and "holler" if you need any further help!