PDA

View Full Version : Software Question

ramlin
01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Once I buy this machine, and receive the software package, will it contain all of the features that the trial software has, or will it be necessary to purchase additional software for this machine?

Dan-Woodman
01-18-2007, 09:40 PM
The software package that comes with the machine is limited.
One thing that is not includes is the choice of routing text in " centerline"
from what I understand plus the " rout tool feature" I think plus some others.

mobident
01-18-2007, 11:24 PM
This is no longer the case according to carvewright:

Thanks to Jeff and Bob for replying.

I decided to go to the source. I called CW and asked each of my questions, got answers and then stated all of the below back to the person to confirm that I understood correctly.

More sears machines available in 2-3 weeks

If you want to order from CW you can put your name on a waiting list. They will have machines in 4-6 weeks and they will call you when your name comes up.

The software at sears and from CW is currently exactly the same. There are not 2 versions out there.

The software that comes with a new machine from sears or CW is slightly ahead of the trial version (more, not less).

A software upgrade is shortly to be released.

The software upgrade is NOT the premium software

the upgrade will be free to owners

owners will receive free upgrades for 2 years from purchase (web site says 1 year)

The premuim package will have some level of CAD portablility with popular programs/formats. Some of the other advanced funtions that are being tossed around in the forum may be included. They decline to be more specific before a release date is announced.

There is no announced release date or price for the premium software.

Bruce

Jon Jantz
01-19-2007, 12:07 AM
When you get your new machine, you can activate the software you already have loaded if you like...

I didn't even run my new disc I got, just put in my serial number and registered the trial software... works great.

ramlin
01-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks Jon
I will keep that in mind when I purchase the machine