PDA

View Full Version : New to Carvewright Machines

gedmunds
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't know if you could call it new to the Carwright Machine or not. I bought the B Maodel when it was first realeased and have exactly 2hr and 19mins on the machine. It has sat in the corner of my shop since time of purchase all wrapped up and not been used until yesterday when I unwrapped it. Now when I brought it out yesterday I had to take apart the machine as one of my compression rollers was stuck, got that fixed and now I am getting an error of E06-0303. Well jumped on the forum and found that it could be many things but I chose to believe that it is a firmware problem as the machine has sat for so long. One reply to the error message stated that I should reformat my card but I am not sure how I do this as I can't see my card on my computer menu. I can load projects to the card and see them on the card. Now the Carvewright machine believes that the card is empty..... I have just updated my software to version 1.180. Oh yeah, just to top the whole assortment of meals off I had a 1/8"cutter in the machine and it did about 30 second of work and the cutter broke. Fishing the parts out of the machine was really fun. How do I get the firmware updated and get this machine online to do some fun stuff?

Do any of you have any ideas on what the heck I am doing wrong. I know this is a good machine as I see all the great results but I just have to get the machine going.

Garth

lynnfrwd
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I sent you an email, but also wanted to add...there have been a lot of changes since you first started using the machine, so make sure you learn as much as possible from archived tips & tricks and LearningLab. You are making the right choice by starting out consulting this forum!

Connie

AskBud
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know if you could call it new to the Carwright Machine or not. I bought the B Maodel when it was first realeased and have exactly 2hr and 19mins on the machine. It has sat in the corner of my shop since time of purchase all wrapped up and not been used until yesterday when I unwrapped it. Now when I brought it out yesterday I had to take apart the machine as one of my compression rollers was stuck, got that fixed and now I am getting an error of E06-0303. Well jumped on the forum and found that it could be many things but I chose to believe that it is a firmware problem as the machine has sat for so long. One reply to the error message stated that I should reformat my card but I am not sure how I do this as I can't see my card on my computer menu. I can load projects to the card and see them on the card. Now the Carvewright machine believes that the card is empty..... I have just updated my software to version 1.180. Oh yeah, just to top the whole assortment of meals off I had a 1/8"cutter in the machine and it did about 30 second of work and the cutter broke. Fishing the parts out of the machine was really fun. How do I get the firmware updated and get this machine online to do some fun stuff?

Do any of you have any ideas on what the heck I am doing wrong. I know this is a good machine as I see all the great results but I just have to get the machine going.

Garth
You're half way home as you said you updated designer to 1.180.
Now, with designer open, just make sure that the card reader is connected to the PC, insert the card, click on FILE > FLASH MANAGER, and do the Update there.
AskBud

gedmunds
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks to Connie and Askbud for thier replies...... I found out how to get the flashcard formatted and the latest firmware on the flashcard. Going to try a simple pattern and see if it all works...... Will let ya know