PDA

View Full Version : Project Designer Latest Version Update

lynnfrwd
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Project Designer version 1.180 released 10/4/11

Open Project Designer software and go to HELP - CHECK FOR UPDATES or visit www.carvewright.com/update for latest version.

Here is the Changelog information for this latest update:

3 October 2011 -- Differences between versions 1.180 and 1.179 * Fixed issue with clipped character with arced text on Mac * Fixed crash when STOP pressed on wide projects * Fixed 'Check AUX Roller' error when length measurement aborted

henry1
10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Project Designer version 1.180 released 10/4/11

Open Project Designer software and go to HELP - CHECK FOR UPDATES or visit www.carvewright.com/update (http://www.carvewright.com/update) for latest version.

Here is the Changelog information for this latest update:

3 October 2011 -- Differences between versions 1.180 and 1.179 * Fixed issue with clipped character with arced text on Mac * Fixed crash when STOP pressed on wide projects * Fixed 'Check AUX Roller' error when length measurement aborted
Nice update but still doesent show on the favorite down below the little screen the item I want to carve, right beside the check mark fit to board

henry1
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice update but still doesent show on the favorite down below the little screen the item I want to carve, right beside the check mark fit to board
Any update on the software, the project you want to carve doesn't show up on the little screen on bottom right the item you want to display

lynnfrwd
10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
It does on mine. Think it may be computer related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henry1
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM
It does on mine. Think it may be computer related.

If it is ,,is there a way to find out or what to look for or call computor teck at CW

lynnfrwd
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
I know there was a thread about this in the past but I'm not sure anyone pinpointed the cause. Video card or memory??

fwharris
10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Any update on the software, the project you want to carve doesn't show up on the little screen on bottom right the item you want to display

Henry,

You might check the file size of your favorites.mpn some times if the file size is to large it bogs down designer. also check your preference settings on hardware acceleration.

chebytrk
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Floyd, do you recall the way to trim down the ptn library file when it does get too big...... causing the slow down when opening the pattern library?

JerryB using Tapatalk

dbfletcher
10-05-2011, 09:58 PM
My recollection was "you cant". You have to rename the old one and let it create a new one. The old on can still be accessed however. I think someone said you merely double click on it.

fwharris
10-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Floyd, do you recall the way to trim down the ptn library file when it does get too big...... causing the slow down when opening the pattern library?

JerryB using Tapatalk

Jerry,

You can delete the patterns that you have added to the library by right clicking and select delete. You just have to make sure you have a saved copy of the pattern before deleting it if you want to use it again. to be sure you can export the pattern to a saved location before deleting them. These are the patterns that are in your favorites mpn file.

Any of the patterns or collections that are in your c:/users/carvewright folder can not be deleted out of the favorites pattern list by right clicking. You will need to go into that folder and move them to another location.

dbfletcher
10-06-2011, 06:57 AM
After deleting does the file size actually get any smaller? I could of swore at one time, that was the issue. The file just continually expanded and once it hit a certain size the only option was to rename and create a new one. I'll try to find the relevant thread when I get a few free moments today. Perhaps with one of the upgrades this has changed however.

edit: I could find the thread I was thinking of, but I did run across several others where people said that by deleting patterns from the mpn file solved their problem. So apparently I was mistaken.

chebytrk
10-06-2011, 09:00 AM
I wonder if AskBud has anything on cleaning up this .mpn file. I've reached a point where it's now running real slow (in opening up) as I'm sure that I have waayyy too many ptns in there. I did try to export some of them, but I get a statement that I can't do that unless I've "authored" the ptn. I've tried "dragging and dropping" them and some can and some can't be moved for some reason. Looks like when that is done it appears that it doesn't move it, but maybe just makes a copy of the ptn in to the new location.... not sure. I was hoping I could just copy each ptn (or export it) to a created folder (under carvewright folder) and pull them and use them as I needed them. If I rename the .mpn file then a new one will be created and it will be empty (except for the basic stuff that comes with Designer right)? Then I'll have to figure out a way to import each of the ptns from the "old" .mpn file. I sure would like to find a way to clean this .mpn file up right (once and for all). Any suggestions?

Dan-Woodman
10-06-2011, 09:12 AM
my little window (preview of library pattern) hasn't worked for a couple of years. last I talk to LHR about it they said they would look into it. Hardware acceleration is on auto.
later Daniel

AskBud
10-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I wonder if AskBud has anything on cleaning up this .mpn file. I've reached a point where it's now running real slow (in opening up) as I'm sure that I have waayyy too many ptns in there. I did try to export some of them, but I get a statement that I can't do that unless I've "authored" the ptn. I've tried "dragging and dropping" them and some can and some can't be moved for some reason. Looks like when that is done it appears that it doesn't move it, but maybe just makes a copy of the ptn in to the new location.... not sure. I was hoping I could just copy each ptn (or export it) to a created folder (under carvewright folder) and pull them and use them as I needed them. If I rename the .mpn file then a new one will be created and it will be empty (except for the basic stuff that comes with Designer right)? Then I'll have to figure out a way to import each of the ptns from the "old" .mpn file. I sure would like to find a way to clean this .mpn file up right (once and for all). Any suggestions?Jerry,
I'm sending you a PM.
AskBud

snoops3
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Download 1.186, but cannot open. Using Mac 10.4

henry1
01-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Download 1.186, but cannot open. Using Mac 10.4
Did you use the mac software (http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/

hess
06-28-2013, 10:25 PM
runing win 7 when installed and run under admin Locks up and gui crashes!!! files are under 100 meg and only 1 fav

hess
07-06-2013, 05:28 AM
anyone remember how we worked around the Gui Crashing in the past.
When installed .87 gui started crashing? looked for the old Fav file it is gone along with lots of pats.

I removed it and tried to reload the older ver and it still carshes and still no fave file. any ideas on how to fix or how to completely remove CW and start over. This is doing this on 2 pcs with win 7 one laptop will run the demo?

zan29
07-06-2013, 05:46 AM
I have the same problem, the old version and the new. LHR didn't know why. Anyone knows what to do?

gwizpro
07-06-2013, 06:16 AM
I had that problem... Designer would instantly crash --- I did the following;

Delete Designer and then DELETE the C++ files that loaded when you installed designer.... from within the control panel of windows.

Then download and install designer, it will reload the C++ files...

It worked for me, maybe for you too hopefully....

James RS
07-06-2013, 07:23 AM
I was going to upgrade, but I think I'll wait until the dust settles and the bugs are worked out.

lynnfrwd
07-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Hess and zan, did that suggestion fix it?

lynnfrwd
07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Did you try gwiz suggestion?

hess
07-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Hess and zan, did that suggestion fix it?

Sorry kido I must be a real nerd as I dont know how to delete or find the c++ files could someone please run us though it

I did get the Sw to run on a laptop that has never had CW on it and it seems to be working but would like to have it on the main pc any help would be great

I have C++ files under remove programs from 05 to 2010 so how do you tell which ones belong to CW or are they all just from the different ver of designer though the years?

lynnfrwd
07-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Let's get it fixed early tomorrow. I can send you instructions. Look for your out file. C:/programs/carvewright and send it to me. This will give us more info on how to fix.

I don't know enough about c++ files or where they are. Gwiz can hopefully tell us.

hess
07-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Let's get it fixed early tomorrow. I can send you instructions. Look for your out file. C:/programs/carvewright and send it to me. This will give us more info on how to fix.

I don't know enough about c++ files or where they are. Gwiz can hopefully tell us.

lyn I had removed the update and attempted to replace the older SW still crashed. opened the old SW to find a out file noted there were 5 fav files all over 300 moved them and program came up. reloaded the new update it comes up but when asked to manage my lic it asks for a SW number? so I take it you can not use Center line with this until you buy?

The jest of this is it was my bad did not note the fav files until I went to the CW folder the way you said

hess
07-12-2013, 12:37 AM
well had hoped all was well but 20 will freeze on opening and can not froce a close unless I shut down the PC so think Im fried maybe when we see if it works better than this going to wipe it off