PDA

View Full Version : What Next?

Smoken D
10-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I wanted to take a look at the bearing in the Z truck head inside the Flexshaft Pivot Assembly. I took off the Flexshaft Pivot Assembly, then the C-clip and did not know where to go from there. Once inside to that point the inside was unremarkable and noted no unusual amount of oil around this area on the bearing. But, I did not know how to take the bearing out. Since the rock chuck spins without any resistance, may not need to take it out for examination. So, just what is the next step to take for getting that bearing out for examination? May be a while till I check back. Thanks in advance.

Smoken D
10-04-2011, 08:00 AM
BTT incase any answers??

jaroot
10-04-2011, 08:08 AM
I assume you are talking about the spindle bearings in the z-truck. If that's the case I'm sure that it is a press fit and if you remove the bearing for inspection you probably ought to replace it.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.739716,-111.824976

bergerud
10-04-2011, 09:18 AM
I started a thread on pulling the spindle. Search "spindle puller". There you will see a simple puller you can make and descriptions of the process. The main thing is not to obstruct the bottom bearing as it easily comes out with the spindle. Good luck.

Smoken D
10-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Bergerud;
Exactly what I was looking for. I searched "Flexshaft Pivot Assembly", too many words, then "Pivot Assembly" with maybe 2 responses, not what I was looking for. The "spindle puller" was what I needed. Again thanks.
Smoken D