PDA

View Full Version : Z Stall when measuring cutting bit

easybuilt
10-02-2011, 01:39 PM
I keep getting a z stall when it is measuring my cutting bit. This happens when it is touching the top of the sliding plate. I tried putting in the carving bit since it is shorter, same problem. This is a new issue, it worked fine a few days ago. I am using the rock and CT bits.
Any suggestions what to check?
Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
10-02-2011, 01:57 PM
That young man may be your problem.... The CT Bits are setup for the CT in Prime Length... IF you are putting a 1/2 inch CT Bit in a Rock and that can make it LONGER than it should be.... The bit is smashing into the sliding plate EARLY before the Current Sensing is turned on.... Had the Current Sensing be turned on then the bit would have touched and reversed.... Without current sensing on then it drives hard into the metal to metal Fault....

Anyone else using the CT bits with the Rock... I am betting it is the 1/8 inch cutting bit as the right side guide is involved...

AL

henry1
10-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I keep getting a z stall when it is measuring my cutting bit. This happens when it is touching the top of the sliding plate. I tried putting in the carving bit since it is shorter, same problem. This is a new issue, it worked fine a few days ago. I am using the rock and CT bits.
Any suggestions what to check?
Thanks
I use the rock and I make sure it don't go out anymore than 1 1/16 from the holder and I never had a problem hope that help

easybuilt
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Thank you Al and henry1!! I'll give it a try and check the distance henry1.