PDA

View Full Version : Carvewright Work Station Stand

lpj1019
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this thread, but if anyone is looking for plans to build a work stand for your Carvewright.....the Oct./Nov. issue of Woodcraft Magazine has several shop projects in its issue, one being a stand for a power planner.....looks very nice.

Thanks

Cabinetdesigner
09-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this thread, but if anyone is looking for plans to build a work stand for your Carvewright.....the Oct./Nov. issue of Woodcraft Magazine has several shop projects in its issue, one being a stand for a power planner.....looks very nice.

Thanks
I saw that project in the woodcraft magazine and had the same thought . However im not sure I would incorperate the fold down storage option, I just am not sure it is a good idea to store your machine upside down. I may be wrong just my 2 cents worth. Any comments (this is the carvewright forum , of course there will be comments) thanks Joe

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2011, 07:08 PM
One of our members had a 3 table version I believe and could the little Feet holes support the weight was my first thought.... Don't think so...

I use 2 roll around carts but plan to build a shelf off the Wall and hang the machine from the wall of the shop and have 2 machines along 1 wall with rollers built into the Wall.

The black one was in a previous life a VCR holder for a San Diego Bank that sold.... I have 2 of them.:roll:

AL

And the Shop still needs cleaning and the snow took down the leaning table in the background...

bayea
09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Here is my setup. i made the stand a couple weeks ago, i have it on casters so it is easy to roll wherever. . . . . .