PDA

View Full Version : Looking for haley davidson patterns

tmac
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
new to site and looking for harley davidson patterns.. Any help will be greatly appreciated

eelamb
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum, if you do a search you will find many patterns of the harley davidson. Be sure to use quotes around the search terms ("harley davidson")

Digitalwoodshop
09-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Since this is your very first post.... WELCOME.... Be sure to read Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright Page.

This is a sensitive subject but know that just because we can print stuff on the machine.... Called Carving.... Know that the Rules of Copyright still apply. Don't plan on selling any HD stuff.... HD pays people to sniff out requests like this and you have already been flagged in a big data base at HD... Tread Lightly.... Or you get a knock on the door.... Sorry.... It's the reality of the business and HD is one of the most protected logos..... At the lightest you will get a Cease and Desist Letter... Or you could get a big order and find it is a Sting.... And when in Jail and the lights go out and Bubba whispers in your Ear... "Tell me again why your here....?" You will remember this post.

There are many here that laugh at what I post.... But I visit about 5 Forums on a regular basis and I have seen the posts about the Cease and Desist Letters and visits.... Search the following forums.... Sawmill Creek, EngravingEct, Signs 101, T-Shirt, and here.

Pretty much every LOGO is protected.. BSA, VFW and ALL SPORTS Logos are big protectors....

I have had job requests for RED HAT, and 2 Donut places request stuff done and I wrote letters trying to get permission and was shot down every time. I have a Laser Engraver and Vinyl Cutter.

Good Luck,

AL

AskBud
09-28-2011, 05:35 PM
new to site and looking for harley davidson patterns.. Any help will be greatly appreciatedTry this link: http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2046
Start by going to EDIT and select FIND. Now, type harley. You'll find 16 matches (some pics, some patterns or MPCs).
AskBud

Ike
09-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Good info Al, I refused a request for a HD pattern at one of my fairs. The customer was an obvious HD fan by the clothing he and his wife wore! Like you said, " you never know!" Trust me if Bubba is whispering in your ear he is not asking what you are in for!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
09-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I have told this story before.... but here it is again... 10 years ago...

When I was in Philly working for Sony there was a Vinyl Shop in town and I visited often as I was looking into getting a Laser Engraver. A few months later he was gone... Asked and found out that HD had shut him down.... So I was HD Excited.... With the Laser I wanted to get, I could make Millions... I thought... Then I joined ARA.org a Awards Industry Training and Education Group. Took classes in Atlantic City during the Trade Shows and learned the "Rules" and much more.... Corel Draw....

A guy wanted a 15 foot HD banner for his enclosed trailer. This guy made a great one.... At a HD Show the HD guys were admiring his 15 foot logo.... The HD guy said, "We can only get a 12 foot logo like that....." The guy took the "Bait".... O' here is this guy that made it for me.... Here is his CARD..... When I visited I saw all the HD logo stuff but didn't have a clue.... I was just starting out... Well, it cost him his shop.....

That is like the Fiber Optic Cable Companies.... A Quote in my Sign Magazine was that this particular Fiber Optic Cable company always had lots of Sign Equipment for sale "CHEAP".... When asked why??? The guy said "Failure to use Dig Safe" and the Sign Companies had dug into the Fiber Cables along the Road installing Signs.... Took out service to Millions and the Fines and Lawsuit usually resulted in a settlement with the Cable Company getting the Business and sold everything CHEAP....

If you have ever seen them install Fiber Cable along side a road in the Grass. A Tractor with a 3 foot cutting blade with the cable attached at the end. It just pulls the cable thought the ground. And most Signs require a hole deeper than 3 feet.... Hence the problem... Dig Safe would Certify where the cables are before you dig.... Saw a Sign installed in San Diego Navy Base and it took out the Base wide Fiber net....

tmac
09-29-2011, 08:44 AM
thanks for the info guys and I won't be needing that pattern don't need any of those problems. I have the machine for my enjoyment not any hassles. Have had enough hassles just from the machine.

b.sumner47
09-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Tmac, Welcome Aboard. Capt Barry