PDA

View Full Version : OCTOBER Contest Pattern: The Giant Pumpkin

LittleRedWoodshop
09-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Something Fun For the kids to paint ??? Keeping with our holiday theme ... here you go - we are even giving you a nice color image for reference.

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/14/04/28/42/hallow10.jpg (http://lrwstore.com/LRW_Store.html#ecwid:category=1311070&mode=product&product=6812577) http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/14/04/28/42/jackol10.jpg (http://lrwstore.com/LRW_Store.html#ecwid:category=1311070&mode=product&product=6812577)

This pattern is available for Download at www.LRWStore.com (http://www.lrwstore.com/) ... Purchase Pattern (http://lrwstore.com/LRW_Store.html#ecwid:category=1311070&mode=product&product=6812577) - price is $10.00

Ad this pattern to a sign, gift, box, yard decoration, you make the call ... we are looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Don't forget that we are offering our Faded Sign Collection as a prize to the monthly winner that wins the Grand Prize at the CarveWright Conference next year.This contest is open to ALL owners of the CarveWright or Compucarve Personal Carving System.

Step One: To enter you will purchase a Specific pattern … YES, everyone will be carving the same pattern. The price of said pattern will be $10.00, the money covers the design of the original pattern and your entry fee. You are automatically entered when you purchase the pattern. We promise to make them cool …

Step Two: Carve and Finish the pattern as you see fit. We are making no suggestions here. One Note … you are not limited to just carving the pattern into a piece of wood … combine it with other patterns or as part of a larger project.

Step Three: Finish your project and email hi-res images to contact@littleredwoodshop.com (http://littleredwoodshop.com/archives/contest@littleredwoodshop.com) by midnight CST on the last day of the month.

Prizes: The prizes for each contest will be announced when the “Carvers Contest Project” is posted at the beginning of each month.

Rules: There are a few of them.

You may enter every month if you would like but may not win consecutive contests … you are not eligible to win the month after a win.
Carvings must be completed with a CarveWright or CompuCarve system
Entries must be received in our email box at contact@littleredwoodshop.com by midnight CST on the last day of the month
Prices will be mailed to the winner within 10 days of the judges decision … the judges are your peers
Winners will be decided by a vote at Forum.CarveWright.com … voting will be open for 7 days.
You must be a member of the Forum.CarveWright.com community

Note: Each monthly winner will be entered into a final contest (once a year) your projects will be displayed at the CarveWright Conference and voted on by the conference attendees, if you are not attending the CarveWright Conference you may mail your entry. The prize for this contest will be Honor, Prestige and a prize to be announced at a later time (it will be something good).

Monthly Prize is as Follows:

If we have 1-9 participants the prize will be a $50.00 store credit for my store (The LRW Store, not the CarveWright store).

If we have 10 or more participants the prize will be a $50.00 store credit for my store (The LRW Store, not the CarveWright store) and a 3/16ths Carving Bit – a $50.00 value. Or the winner may select an $100.00 store credit for The LRW Store. The total value of this prize is $100.00 …

Remember that each monthly winner will be entered in the CarveWright Conference Carvers Contest … at next years CarveWright Conference.

CarveWright Conference Grand Prize Winner will receive:

Pattern set from CarvedSignFactory - the collection is entitled "The Ultimate Sign Collection - CSF" it contains 130 patterns and is valued over $1600
A custom logo Design by Art by Mendi - View Her Work Here (http://littleredwoodshop.com/archives/1792) - she has over 18 years of Graphic Design experience $250.00 value
Blog and website set-up and built by Jason from LittleRedWoodshop (you pay initial costs and set up) $300.00 value
Dust Collection insert by Floyd Harris (RingNeckBlues) a $65.00 value
More prizes will be announced as they become available.

Current prizes valued over $2000.00 ...

NOTE: This contest will run from July of 2011 to April 2012 ... In the event that the CavreWright Conference is not held next year the voting for the Grand Prize winner will be held online. We will post notices about voting on all the popular Forums and websites associated with the CarveWright community.

The CarveWright Forum
The CNC Art Guild Forum
LittleRedWoodshop.com
and this website

Please visit The LRW Store and check out some of our new patterns ...The Faded Sign Collection for instance ..... Check Out the New Patterns (http://www.lrwstore.com/)

Ike
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Great Job Jason!!! Now that my fair season is over I may enter one of your great contests! You certainly have wonderful prizes! Thanks for your time and efforts!

Ike

LittleRedWoodshop
09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Thank you Ike ... we look forward to seeing what you come up with ... we have the patterns finished all the way through January (working on new ideas as we speak) - they are all awesome. I did the October pattern and then in the months to come you will see patterns from John Paluck, Eddie Lamb and others.

jaroot
09-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Looks like it's time to get the pink foam out!

Ike
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Thank you Ike ... we look forward to seeing what you come up with ... we have the patterns finished all the way through January (working on new ideas as we speak) - they are all awesome. I did the October pattern and then in the months to come you will see patterns from John Paluck, Eddie Lamb and others.

Jason I really appreciate that you are using fellow members patterns! That makes the contest even more personal knowing it is a community effort! Great job again and thank you!

Ike

PS Jaroot I can't wait to see what you come up with using the pink foam!

jpaluck
09-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey jason..are ringers allowed? seeing that Ike is a professional sign maker and all..:)

LittleRedWoodshop
09-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Since it is a vote of he people that call this forum home ... everyone is welcome.

Ike
09-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Hey jason..are ringers allowed? seeing that Ike is a professional sign maker and all..:)

That is too funny! I was thinking of something else other then a sign! I need to clean the shop during the fair season I make a mess! Next week I will get busy and hopefully be able to get started!

Ike

LittleRedWoodshop
10-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Thank you to everyone that has gotten into this months contest, 3 so far, and it is only the 1st of the month ... I would LOVE to have to give away a 3/16th carving bit this month.

LittleRedWoodshop
10-01-2011, 08:39 PM
now there are 4 ... getting closer ...

easybuilt
10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Here is my entry for the October contest.
Lots of fun to create! Thanks Jason!

LittleRedWoodshop
10-08-2011, 01:06 AM
looks great Tom ...

LittleRedWoodshop
10-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Test carvings ... I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

lynnfrwd
10-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Any new submissions to the October Carving Contest?

jaroot
10-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Mine will be coming soon. Hopefully this weekend.

jaroot
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Well mine is almost done. I still have a little sanding to do and take pictures. Tried for a week to carve it into pink foam but no joy. :(
I'm not sure what the problem is I carved the stuff this time last year with no problems but can't get it done this time. I get about half way through the bit check routine and it asks for the board thickness and then won't accept anything that I input. Finally gave up and carved it out of 3/4" pine/fir/larch common lumber.

It's finished! :)

LittleRedWoodshop
10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
anxious to see it

jaroot
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
I edited the last post to include the pics! So there you go. I barely finished it in time for Halloween. That's what I call procrastination, some day I'm going to write a book about that. :)

LittleRedWoodshop
10-30-2011, 09:35 PM
OK you have to write a blog about how you did that ... I think I know but not completely sure. Can you go post pics on the CNC Art Guild page?

jaroot
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
So how many entries do we have this month? I've only seen two posted. I realize that the month isn't over yet but you can't get much closer. ;)

jaroot
10-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Well I guess that there is a right way to do it or you can do it the way I did. I'm not sure that I want to explain how I cheated and crossed my fingers hoping that nothing bad would happen. :)

OK you have to write a blog about how you did that ... I think I know but not completely sure.

LittleRedWoodshop
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
LOL ... ok ... 2 so far this month ... and a couple more that have mentioned getting in.

jaroot
10-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Went to do that and you beat me to it. :)

Can you go post pics on the CNC Art Guild page?