PDA

View Full Version : It's alive !!

Marzluf
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Got my machine about 2 hours ago...

After checking all nuts, bolts, and screws (everything good and tight), making sure firmware was right, and reading the manual, It's in the process of carving it's first job.

Not quite as loud as I thought it would be, but I use routers on a daily basis so I'm used to that type of sound.

The local Sears store was a great at dealing with my constant hounding about it being delivered. The manager that I had been talking to was quite excited for me and thought the carver looked like an awesome machine. She said that I had to bring a carving in for them to see.

Well.... I downloaded the Sears Logo from the internet and made a plaque of sorts with thier store number on it.. From watching it carve, I'm affraid the thin peaks of the letters are too small for an accurate cut (even using the "Best" setting) and they are chipping. I don't blame the machine at all. I'm talking about virtual SLIVERS of wood that it's trying to leave intact. Just isn't possible. I'll post pics if I can to show what I'm talking about.

Anyway... I'm going to let it run for a while (time frame for the carving was 1 hour 16 minutes) and make sure everything is working properly.

So far everything is running very smoothly and without issues.

Glad to have it in the shop !

Jon Jantz
01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Cool!!!!

Good luck with it! Been running the stew out of ours with very few troubles... most of the sensor errors and problems at the beginning turned out to be user error.

Our Sears store was the same way. They were excited and wanted me to take them a carving, which I did. When I walked through later, I heard a couple of guys fighting over it.

Showed up about a week later and they have it wire-tied to the display model out front to show people what it could do... told them I was gonna charge them advertising fees... lol

Happy Carving!!