PDA

View Full Version : wednesday meeting

stanv77
09-26-2011, 09:55 PM
hello pam

I got the new coral draw downloaded on to my laptop. I will bring it with me on wednesday. It has alot of tutorials but I still need help I think. See you on Wednesday

Stan

easybuilt
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
hello pam

I got the new coral draw downloaded on to my laptop. I will bring it with me on wednesday. It has alot of tutorials but I still need help I think. See you on Wednesday

Stan
Looks like we will have 4 at our meeting. Stan, See you Wednesday at my house about 12:30?

ibewiggin
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Hope that four includes me. I should be able to make it.

easybuilt
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Hope that four includes me. I should be able to make it.
Sure does! We would have had five but Helen broke her wrist falling off a ladder. She's doing better but can't drive yet.
See ya Wednesday!

LittleRedWoodshop
09-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I wish I could be there.

ibewiggin
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM
It was great. I am so glad I was able to make it this time. Pam, thank you for opening you home and shop to us. I swear your shop was cleaner than my house. I bet you I could have it completely unorganized with just one project. :) Tom, congrats on your progress. I hope to be develped to that point soon. Stan, if you ever run out of room for all those tools, let me know. I am sure I can make room here, especially if you get a lazer engraver! You have got to be some of the nicest people I have ever met.

easybuilt
09-28-2011, 08:40 PM
We wanted to share our notes from our monthly Western Washington Users meeting. This was written by GrammaPam, THANK YOU!
If anyone wants help organizing a meeting, please let us know. Here is a picture of four of our five members, Helen is missing
We all have a great time and learn so much!

A group of four Carvewright users from a fifty-mile radius met in Tacoma this week. Stan carpooled with Tom who brought samples of signs in progress as well as some completed examples. Shane brought a beautiful guitar he had made to display. Gramma Pam was pleased to show off her studio and wood shop. Helen was missed due to her recent broken wrist.

We discussed inconsistency with board tracking and returning to the same start point (haven’t we all had problems with that.) We talked about challenges of cut regions inside of other cut regions created from .dxf objects at different levels, as opposed to raster carve regions; wishing “conform” would allow this process as well as centerline text. The group experimented with Stan’s new laptop computer and Corel X5 program, learning together about importing .dxf files from Corel to Designer. We shared techniques on different methods of jointing, planing, sanding and gluing boards to make larger carvings. Work place air filtering and temperature control; adding color to carvings with paint, airbrushing or staining was discussed. Really beneficial aspects of carvers coming together from a larger area was the opportunity to find out about availability of reclaimed woods and exotic species not in the local area each individual was familiar with. Of course we all shared our thoughts on different topics on the forum; new equipment and sources just becoming available and the advantages of sharing seldom used equipment for special projects, as well machine parts in emergencies.

The next meeting will be at Tom’s wood shop. I am already looking forward to comparing challenges, solutions and current projects with the other carvers. Each person brings different talents, experience and ideas that broaden the knowledge and interest of us all. It is so worth the time away from one’s own wood shop to share and learn with each other.

easybuilt
12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Our December Meeting for the Western Washington Users Group will be held Wednesday December 14th at 1pm. We will be meeting at Stan's House in Enumclaw. Anyone is welcome to attend and we always have a great time and learn so much from each other. If you need, directions let stan77 or myself know. We currently have 3 confirmed to attending.

easybuilt
01-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Last Sunday I received a urgent request for two 60" X 14" signs for the Ritz-Carlton in Colorado. They want the signs "as fast as humanly possible". I was on my way out of town to Salt lake City for a week. I called GrammaPam and asked her for help. She said no problem and go on your trip. She designed the signs, cut and painted them. I returned today and the signs are going out tomorrow and the customers is paying for overnight shipping. The customer only knows the signs were completed by my company.
It is so great to have this community close by and across the country to support each other.

Thank you my friend, Pam!!!http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon7.png

LittleRedWoodshop
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Those turned out great and yes it is great to have a family to support us in our endeavors.

ibewiggin
01-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Man, I did not realise I missed a meating. The sign is great. Pam is an amzing women, very talented and generous.

easybuilt
01-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Our next Western Washington users meeting will be January 18th at Pam's wood shop 1pm. Anyone needing directions let GrammaPam know.

easybuilt
01-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Due to the snow and cold weather we have coming, I am canceling our meeting scheduled tomorrow.
I received 5" last night and they say abound 10" of snow tomorrow.
I would like to reschedule it for January 25th at 1pm. Hope to see you then.
Stay warm and safe.

ibewiggin
01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Great, idea. I have around 6 inches.