PDA

View Full Version : Jogging to position

Aaron B
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
If you have a big board and are going to do two seperate carvings, each one having its own mpc file, how do you know where to jog to position.

I will want them as close together as possible to minimize waste but I want to make sure they are far enough apart that I can cut them to the correct size afterward.

When you job to position to start the second carving is that the left end of the carving (as looking on designer) and is it the top or bottom of the carving (as looking in designer).

Just want to see what others have done or what they might suggest.
Thanks

shaddy
01-18-2007, 12:58 PM
I haven't attempted the Jog yet, so I can't answer that. But what I've done is increase the bard length then copy-paste between the MPC's and make one MPC with the 2 projects on it side by side.

Shaddy

Aaron B
01-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I haven't attempted the Jog yet, so I can't answer that. But what I've done is increase the bard length then copy-paste between the MPC's and make one MPC with the 2 projects on it side by side.

Shaddy

I thought of that as well, but I wanted to try this since I know it can be done and it may come in useful sometime so I wanted to try it.

pkunk
01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Fairly simple. Start at the lower left corner 3 1/2" in from the end of the board. Jog to the right the amount of the size of the first carving. You know what that is and the distance is displayed on the LCD. Add what you feel is enough for your cuts, jog, start the next carving. Continue ubtil you run out of wood. :D :D