PDA

View Full Version : Cut out of WI

Mary
01-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing at all.
I'm trying to cut out and rout the state of Wisconsin. In the computer I try to tell it to be 12"X13", when it cuts it, it's about 5"X6". Same thing when I try to do an oval 10"X16", it to cuts at about 6"X7". I have very little knowledge about computers, it may take me a wile to get it.

Aaron B
01-18-2007, 12:20 PM
After it measures the board you don't tell it to scale to width/length or anything like that do you?

Kurtsara
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing at all.
I'm trying to cut out and rout the state of Wisconsin. In the computer I try to tell it to be 12"X13", when it cuts it, it's about 5"X6". Same thing when I try to do an oval 10"X16", it to cuts at about 6"X7". I have very little knowledge about computers, it may take me a wile to get it.

Can you post the file so we can see what might be wrong?

Mary
02-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Love to, but...
Don't konw how to post. Tried for a hour but didn't work, said file was to big. Not good with computers yet. Did not tell it to scale.

Got it to cut, but looks very choppy along the edges.

menewfy
02-05-2007, 07:49 AM
when you are setting up your cw and a question comes up and says stay under the rollers do you select yes?

if you do it is only going to use the board size minus 7 inches. so in effect you need to use a piece 7 inches longer than needed.

the reason i suspect it is skinnier is you have answered another question do you want to scale to size and you said yes again, this happened because the machine thinks the board is shorter and to make it the same shape it needs to scale down.

if you are going to rout say no to the first question about the rollers, even though you will be taking a chance of break out or chipping on the end of the board.

give it a try just to see if it makes it the right size