PDA

View Full Version : Sept LRW Contest

jaroot
09-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Well I've got it carved now to finish it. This turned out to be about an 8hr carve and the strangest thing happened in the middle of the carve... the machine just kept going. I guess it is the luck of the Irish, except I'm actually more Scot than Irish! 200 hrs and counting, yes Al I will be ordering brushes real soon.

We had a little trouble when we first got the machine and nearly abandoned it but I have to say that since the CT was installed it has been mostly trouble free. It is a Type "A" machine, I don't know if the 18 pin cable has been upgraded or not but the probe outlet is on the side near the key board so I believe that it has. We have had to install a set of x-gears, cut off the rolled over front belt, two board sensors, re-secure the keyboard side cover switch and it currently needs the other cover switch replaced.

It is not without it's ideosincarcies. The bit plate doesn't get pushed out occasionally, generally speaking we just prop it out. And I've moved the wires and cleaned the rails etc. Sometimes it works some times it doesn't. Occasionally I get a "Check Cut Motor" error usually during Centerline text.

Anyway I thought I let everybody know that some of us are having good luck with the old machines.

LittleRedWoodshop
09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
I can't wait to see the finished project ....