PDA

View Full Version : Raised Letters

MikeC1224
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
As a recent new CW user I need to know how to make raised letters on a sign I have been experminting with software nor sure I got it right Thanks

Mike C

AskBud
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
As a recent new CW user I need to know how to make raised letters on a sign I have been experminting with software nor sure I got it right Thanks

Mike CYou make raised text by making a carve region and them placing your Raster text within that carved region.47506
AskBud

GrammaPam
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
For an easy beginner project just creat a box with the box or rectangle tool, make it a region area of say .10, (automatically goes to .25) click on the text tool type in a word, choose a font style and Raster; hit enter. when the designer screen is back up pull the corner of the text box to make it the size you want. Make the depth of the word maybe .05.
Have a great time. Welcome, happy carving.

G.P.

P.S. There are lots of designs available through the forum and even some design builder elements in your project file, click on Project at the top then a list will open to the right of the screen.

GrammaPam
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Another P.S.
If you are new you should also know: always pay attention to Bud. He knows more than just about anyone. And he's quick!

mtylerfl
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Mike C

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, many people here are available to help.

One tip for you...if you haven't done so already, please read the Tips & Tricks. Your current question about creating a raised carving (whether it be lettering or anything else, see page 2 of the Oct 2008 issue and page 2 of the Dec 2007 issue), and a slew of other questions I am sure you have or will have, have been covered in the Tips & Tricks issues. The Tips articles are free to download (the weblink is below my signature) and you will learn a lot about the use of your machine, software and how to avoid common pilot errors. I usually recommend that new owners read the Dec 2007 and the Jan 2008 issues before they even turn on their machine. :)

All the best to you and please let us know if you need further help with anything.