PDA

View Full Version : first "3d" model and concept sign "freedom isn't free"

lawrence
09-24-2011, 02:09 PM
First 3d pattern for me.... you guys are right that it is tougher than it looks.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/freedom.jpg
I was at a friend's house - he designs jewelry and has ARTCAM (the lucky SOB) which is a really darned powerful program for designing. With it, I made my first 3d design. Holy cow I really tip my hat to those of you out there that make these things all the time... it definitely takes practice.

At any rate, here it is along with a proof-of-concept pic for a potential customer. I'm sure this will not be the final product and is just an example of the type of thing she is looking for. Y'all are welcome to it if you'd like it.

Lawrence

mwhatch
09-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Very Nice.

Here is a link you may be interested in.

http://www.vapidsoftware.com/download-to-Delcam_Artcam_Pro_9.126-oem.html

LittleRedWoodshop
09-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow ... that is very nice and thank you for sharing it- like all things it will take practice.

RogerB
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Man that looks good.Nice job

lynnfrwd
09-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Looks GREAT, Lawrence!

Ducky63
09-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Lawrence
Thank You for the pattern! It looks realy great. Keep up the good work.

eelamb
09-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Lawrence, Very nice job on the pattern. Just in case you are looking to purchase artcam, I believe the price is way up there, as compared to aspire, and it and aspire are about the same.

mtylerfl
09-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Lawrence, Very nice job on the pattern. Just in case you are looking to purchase artcam, I believe the price is way up there, as compared to aspire, and it and aspire are about the same.

Eddie is right, Lawrence. Aspire is about 1/5th the cost of ArtCAM and Aspire is much more intuitive to work with and learn. I own both products. Although I don't use ArtCAM as much as I used to (I use Aspire 90% of the time now), I do keep my ArtCAM Advantage membership current (cost is now $900 each year). I am attending the ArtCAM User Group in a couple weeks in Orlando, FL to "keep my chops up"! The next weekend, I fly to Vegas to attend the Aspire User Group. October is a busy month for software "stuff"!

You did a great job on your eagle head pattern/model! I'll bet things would really take off for you if you ever decide to become an Aspire owner! You will find the basic design and modeling principle is the same as ArtCAM, but "tweaked" to be much more user-friendly...just my opinion based on personal experience.

liquidguitars
09-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Lawrence you seem to be confusing 3D with the old 2.5 d software, why fuss with 2.5 d programs like above, how about looking at a true 3D solution like , Modo, Lightwave, Zbrush, 3D coat, Silo, ect... you will be glad you did.

lawrence
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
I'll definitely have to check those other programs out folks-- as always, thanks very much for the support and advice.

Lawrence

jpaluck
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice lookn sign lawarence...modeling gets addicting...check out silo..$150ish