PDA

View Full Version : Buying a CompuCarve

ramlin
01-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I have been reading the posts on the CompuCarve machine, as I have been trying to decide if I should purchase this product. I have downloaded the Manual and trial software for the machine. Being a retired Hardware and Software Engineer, the software is quite impressive. It seems like the majority of the problems being expressed on this forum are hardware related. Has anyone heard if CW is in a second production run? Does
CW make any comments or announcements, that many of these problems have been addressed and corrected?

BobHill
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
If you've read most of the threads I believe you can only concur that all problems have or will be addressed by the LHR people. They do have the best company client communication I've ever dealt with, that's for sure. But only you can make the final judgement to buy or not to buy ... that's the question, as the Great Dane might say.

Bob

ramlin
01-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the information. It makes me a little more confident that I
will purchase the machine. It has opened up endless possibilities for
future woodwording projects. It has been extremly helpful for CW
to offer a "Try Before You Buy" option with the software, manual,
and woodcrafters manual. In a very short time I was able to create
some very complex patterns.

BobHill
01-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Ramlin,

Don't forget to make those designs available either visually or via a downloadable file for others, unless, of course, it's a commercial enterprise you'd rather keep to yourself. Other's projects give others ideas and the ability to also expand their use of the machine (me included). It also progresses the possibilities for the machine itself where we all can benefit.

Bob