PDA

View Full Version : What and Where

BobbyD
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I am going to purchase a CW this week. What package or options do you guys recommend? Where should I purchase it? Amazon, CW site...

Thanks

Looking forward to learning from your wisdom8)

myshop1044
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
BobbyD, I would go with CW, allthought Amazon does save you shipping, they don't offer all the extras the "sign maker package" does. I have added all these extras over the years. If you never have used the CW, then you want understand the extras and how they can really upgrade your work. Don't get me wrong I produced a lot of projects with the basic package, but why start from the bottom when you can jump to the top with all the help from the forum and other carvers.
Just my thoughts

Myshop1044

Perry

AskBud
09-22-2011, 04:14 PM
I am going to purchase a CW this week. What package or options do you guys recommend? Where should I purchase it? Amazon, CW site...

Thanks

Looking forward to learning from your wisdom8)
I would deal directly with LHR or someone in the Start-U section.
Besides the basic "C" unit, I would get the Scanning Probe package (which will allow both scanning and personal Pattern Editing.
I would also order several split collets, both 60 and 90 degree V-bits, Centerline Text application, and Conforming Vectors.

There are also "Stop-rings", but you can make your own much cheaper by getting some 1/4 inch I.D. tubing and cutting your own.

Here is a link that will assist you in finding a Start-U member near you.
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/CWSTARTU/index.php

You should also consider a good Dust collector (600 CFM or better) and a top mounted Vacuum Head.
http://www.wix.com/littleredwoodshop/cnccorner/dust-collection
AskBud

LittleRedWoodshop
10-08-2011, 02:35 AM
I sen you a private message - I am looking forward to talking to you.

CarverJerry
10-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure if Sears still carries the CompuCarve, which is the exact same machine but with a different name, but they had a lot better warrenty period. I got mine from Amazon, have had very few problems, but only had a short limited warrenty. Others may chime in and give their opinion too as it's been since 09 when I got mine.

CJ

cestout
10-08-2011, 06:15 PM
You should contact your local StartU member - if there is one near you. He can show you the machine and discuss your options based on what kind o work you sant to do. It will not cost you extra to use this advice and your machine can be ordered at that time.
Clint

lawrence
10-08-2011, 08:01 PM
+1 - where are you? I'm not a start U member but am more than happy to help in any way I can. I'm in Tucson AZ

Lawrence