PDA

View Full Version : 1/16" Carving Bit length

gapdev
09-21-2011, 07:46 PM
What is the length of the 1/16" Carving Bit supposed to be?

I ordered 2 bits and upon inspection, 1 bit has a 1 inch long cutting flute and the other bit has a 3/4 inch cutting flute. Which one is the correct one? If the bits are supposed to be able to cut up to .8 inch, how does the 3/4 inch bit accomplish this?

Why is CarveWright selling 2 different length bits?

Kenny

lynnfrwd
09-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Can u attach a photo with them side by side?

gapdev
09-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Attached is a shot of the bits. Bottom one is the "short" one - 3/4" flutes.

They are the same physical length, but have different cutting lengths.

Kenny

lynnfrwd
09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks! I'll get someone to look at them in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dltccf
09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
When I called about my problem with my flex shaft overheating, this was the first thing they asked me to check. There were some bits sent out that were too short. You would think that they would have inventory control and order numbers that would have allowed them to figure out which batch was wrong and notify those who got the bad ones and get them good ones, but it doesn't appear that happened. Everyone on here should check theirs.

dave

lynnfrwd
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
When we first started selling the A model machine, the carving bit was the shorter length. We soon changed over to the longer fluted carving area which is what we sell. It may be that we have gotten some of the shorter ones sent to us by the manufacturer. We have not seen this for a long time and hope that it is a fluke. We will replace any of the shorter fluted bits with the correct one. WE WANT THESE OUT OF CIRCULATION!

If you find one, please call and let us know.

We do not have a means of tracking bits.