PDA

View Full Version : drilling?I

jaustin
09-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Is it rough on the machine when you have it to do drilling?

I Have a project and I need to drill alot of 5/16 x 1/2 deep holes.

I have the 1/8 straigt bit. The holes need to fit a 5/16 dowels.

I have the pattern in the carvewright and have it just putting a small hole in the layout then I drill it out on a drill press.

Wondering if it will be hard on the carvewright just to let it do all the drilling.

b.sumner47
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Jaustin, You say that you have alot of holes to do ,how manny ? Do you have a 3/16th straight bit? I try and use my Carvrwright as much as I can. If you don't want to add up the hours, just do as you are. Capt Barry

jaustin
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I have 60 holes per board and not sure how many boards I will have to drill.
I know tomorrow i have about 180 holes to drill and If it works out good this week I may have to do more.

I only have a 3/16 carving bit haven't bought the 3/16 cutting yet.

I thought about finding a 5/16 x 1/2 shaft but don't want to stress the machine out.

TerryT
09-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I have made dozens of cribbage boards with over 300 holes. I haven't noticed any problem with the machine.

mtylerfl
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Is it rough on the machine when you have it to do drilling?

I Have a project and I need to drill alot of 5/16 x 1/2 deep holes.

I have the 1/8 straigt bit. The holes need to fit a 5/16 dowels.

I have the pattern in the carvewright and have it just putting a small hole in the layout then I drill it out on a drill press.

Wondering if it will be hard on the carvewright just to let it do all the drilling.

Hi Jaustin,

Let the machine do the drilling. No problem for the machine. I designed a Bird Cage project for my CarveWright with something like 256 holes for all the dowels. I never would have attempted drilling all those holes without my CarveWright machine!