PDA

View Full Version : Machine #2

cwm
09-17-2011, 10:10 AM
I jst finished the setup on my second version C machine. Checkeed and tightened any lose screws measured the the head weight at 80.4 lbs 2 lbs better than my 1st machine. I put in the card turned on the switch it homed then said clear board sensor. Not a big deal, but I still think my head is going to explode. I should explain why the second machine I had extreme heat on the flex shaft on the 1st one. when I called amazon they asked if I wanted a refund or new machine, two hours later this one was in transit free 2 day shipping. and sent me a prepaid ups shipping label for my old one. I don't think many companies can beat that service.

Chris

cwm
09-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I jst finished the setup on my second version C machine. Checkeed and tightened any lose screws measured the the head weight at 80.4 lbs 2 lbs better than my 1st machine. I put in the card turned on the switch it homed then said clear board sensor. Not a big deal, but I still think my head is going to explode. I should explain why the second machine I had extreme heat on the flex shaft on the 1st one. when I called amazon they asked if I wanted a refund or new machine, two hours later this one was in transit free 2 day shipping. and sent me a prepaid ups shipping label for my old one. I don't think many companies can beat that service.

Chris

well it's been 45 minutes lots of air and wiping and still won't clear. I'm getting 153 when I check the sensor so they are fine. And the kicker now my wife is giving me the look again ( you guys all know the one I mean).

mtylerfl
09-17-2011, 12:10 PM
well it's been 45 minutes lots of air and wiping and still won't clear. I'm getting 153 when I check the sensor so they are fine. And the kicker now my wife is giving me the look again ( you guys all know the one I mean).

Is the board a dark color? That could explain why the sensor is giving a good reading by itself, but not when running a project. Please let us know.

liquidguitars
09-17-2011, 12:59 PM
well it's been 45 minutes lots of air and wiping and still won't clear. I'm getting 153 when I check the sensor so they are fine. And the kicker now my wife is giving me the look again .

I think some changes have been made to the firmware the will give a error if the board is installed incorrectly i.e the board sensor is two close to the wood top surface due to overtightening, try to back off a little on the table pressure and recheck. I always load the board off center and lift the stock to determine the roller pressure, like testing the load on a truck if you have a little spring in the shocks your good to go.

cwm
09-17-2011, 01:56 PM
The board is clear pine.
Thanks for you help

Chris

GrammaPam
09-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Sometimes it helps to unplug the machine a few minutes to clear the memory. Also check the "O" ring and the straightness of the board, especially the edges. Very basic stuff but the things that have helped me in the past. And as for "that look" from your wife, just make something nice for her on your first project, you'll get the look you want to see.

cwm
09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Sometimes it helps to unplug the machine a few minutes to clear the memory. Also check the "O" ring and the straightness of the board, especially the edges. Very basic stuff but the things that have helped me in the past. And as for "that look" from your wife, just make something nice for her on your first project, you'll get the look you want to see.

Thank you, I figure i'm out of business until Monday morning when tech support opens up. I'm sure by Friday I'll be making dust lol. I refuse to give up on this machine. But for now it's got me beat.

Chris

cwm
09-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Thank you, I figure i'm out of business until Monday morning when tech support opens up. I'm sure by Friday I'll be making dust lol. I refuse to give up on this machine. But for now it's got me beat.

Chris

After hours of reading, and talking to Floyd Harris and Al-who (digitalworkshop) I'm almost positive I have a defective fcc cable. I just noticed as I moved the cable slightly my sensor readings were changing from 153 to 151, not much of a change but a change that shouldn't happen. I'll keep you informed after I talk to tech support on monday morning. It's times like this I'm glad i didn't buy the shark.

thanks for all your help and phone time.

Chris

fwharris
09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
After hours of reading, and talking to Floyd Harris and Al-who (digitalworkshop) I'm almost positive I have a defective fsc cable. I just noticed as I moved the cable slightly my sensor readings were changing from 153 to 151, not much of a change but a change that shouldn't happen. I'll keep you informed after I talk to tech support on monday morning. It's times like this I'm glad i didn't buy the shark.

thanks for all your help and phone time.

Chris

Chris,

No problem on the phone time! I need to put FSC cable on a large sticky, seems to be "you better check it any way" kind of thing.

Since it is a new machine you are better off now chatting with the techs to go over things with them. I would like to see/know their explanation on the truck only moving about 2" into your board when you got the "edge detection failed" error. It could be a quick indicator for the bad FSC.

Well sit back and do some studying and reading time. Tips and tricks, design tutorials and trouble shooting guide will get you a great start.

b.sumner47
09-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey Chris, Welcome Aboard. Your in for alot of fun. Oh yes ,we have a real good bunch of guys and gals on the forum as well . Capt Barry

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I ran out of time yesterday having to leave but after going through all the possibilities he said that he had the Disk.... That keyed my troubleshooting to ask if he had loaded the CD and he said YES.... Then Upgraded.... I told him that I believed that was the source of his trouble, that I had seen warnings about loading the old disk... SO, I am thinking he has a Corrupt Program of Designer.... I told him to un install Designer and start over loading the website version.... SO Monday let the Techs take this into consideration when they troubleshoot this...

I am thinking the FFC is OK.... And this is a Software Corruption Issue.

AL

cwm
09-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi folks,
The verdict is in it's a defective board sensor. excellent tech support. My part will more than likely leave LHr tomorrow.
Again thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Chris, from the froozen north

Digitalwoodshop
09-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Good Job !!!!

I spent the day recovering from a Computer Crash.... Put too many pictures on the Hard Drive and was down to 7% and crashed... Moved the pictures to 2 backup drives.... De Frag two times.... Had to reload AOL...

Fun Day...

AL

liquidguitars
09-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow I can see better! Nice job all! regarding your drive it's the Sun spots activating skip and deleting your i.c's I would use 3M aluminum tape for sheilding... Works well for my tin foil hat... <s>