PDA

View Full Version : rotating a group of vertex lines 90 deg

myshop1044
09-15-2011, 10:06 AM
attached is a set of 4 unconnected vertex lines and 2 pieces of text(periods). when I test carve they look great BUT, they are against the grain. My customer was them to run with the grain. How can I rotate each group of lines and text 90 deg to the left without losing the relationship to each other.
I checked Buds viedo about rotating a closed a item buy creating a pattern, these are not closed.
Any ideas would be great, feel free to change the MPC, just let me know what you did.

Perry

bjbethke
09-15-2011, 10:46 AM
attached is a set of 4 unconnected vertex lines and 2 pieces of text(periods). when I test carve they look great BUT, they are against the grain. My customer was them to run with the grain. How can I rotate each group of lines and text 90 deg to the left without losing the relationship to each other.
I checked Buds viedo about rotating a closed a item buy creating a pattern, these are not closed.
Any ideas would be great, feel free to change the MPC, just let me know what you did.

Perry

Since it is a 4x4 inch board, just feed the board into the machine the way you want it to be.

mtylerfl
09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Since it is a 4x4 inch board, just feed the board into the machine the way you want it to be.

Perry,

To get your extra 7" length, this would be an excellent opportunity to use Rails, as Ken Johnson outlined in the Sled/Jig Tips & Tricks:

ISSUE 7 April 2008 – Carving Jigs – Carrier Boards, Sleds and Rails (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Apr08.pdf)

No need to use or build a sled for something this simple (unless you already have one at-the-ready).