PDA

View Full Version : Remove Designer

jaroot
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Anybody know how to eradicate "Designer" from Windows 7?

eelamb
09-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Look for carvewright system under control panel, uninstall programs.

jaroot
09-14-2011, 08:03 PM
That removes the program but leaves ghosts. Remnants that disrupts "demo" mode. I like to use demo designer on my third computer to play around with designs and then transfer them to my "licensed computer" to finalize. This works fine on my XP machine but I can't reset the 30 days in Windows 7. Hence the eradication question.

Look for carvewright system under control panel, uninstall programs.

eelamb
09-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Only the programs can tell you how to do that, since it will involve editing the registry, unless they have a removal program.

jaroot
09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
That's what I normally do on XP but there must be some files hidden elsewhere on the 7 machine. As I have gone into the registry on the 7 machine and removed the same files that I remove on the XP machine and it still sees the time as being up. I even found a designer file hidden in the common files folder and removed it but no luck.

I realize that the demo program is for demo purposes and I'm bending the rules a little to make my life a bit easier.

Only the programs can tell you how to do that, since it will involve editing the registry, unless they have a removal program.