PDA

View Full Version : Sad day, Happy day

Hasher
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Sad Day, after having my Reconditioned Compucarve for 2 mounts I brought it back. Many hours of trying to get it to work with a few projects done, I love the machine but it finally beat me.
Happy Day, ordered my new "c" machine from Amazon today.

arlineastman
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
I just bought an used one a 2008 model. I do not know how to anything yet. What should I watch out for.

floridacarver
09-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Please explain the problems you were having with the reconditioned Compucarve.

Hasher
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
First 2 practice carves went ok, had a few errors mostly clean z rails, then I notices the quality was getting very rough, QC ruined the bit holders, ordered CT that fixed quality problem. Next problem the Y truck would not always go far enough to the right and reliably extend the bit plate, the message would come up to cancel job, not good on a 2 sided job. I found that the rear of the of the z motor was hitting the top cover in that corner, used dremmel tool and sand paper on cover to fix problem. Ran 2 9 hour jobs very few problems Cleaned machine, then clean z rail problem came back about every 5 minutes, checked z motor and wiring, removed and reinstalled CT did not fix problem, then it started having fault #2 reboot machine. I could have had Sears fix it under warranty but was concerned what other problems were there.
Rick