PDA

View Full Version : scanning probe

alias
09-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi everybody i have a problem and need some help i just bought my machine about two weeks ago i also bought the bits and the probe. when i unpacked it there was no quick change bit holder but had a bit holder that you use an allen wrench i emailed and questioned it and was told that mine was the newer version and that i didn't need the quick bit changer tool so i said ok now everything that i read in the manual seems to refer to the quick bit changer and the tool anyway i tried to hook up the probe and there is no plug in on the c version machine that i bought so does this have anything to do with the quick bit changer and why would they send me the probe if it doesn't work with this machine or let me know before i bought the probe.:confused:

lynnfrwd
09-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi everybody i have a problem and need some help i just bought my machine about two weeks ago i also bought the bits and the probe. when i unpacked it there was no quick change bit holder but had a bit holder that you use an allen wrench i emailed and questioned it and was told that mine was the newer version and that i didn't need the quick bit changer tool so i said ok now everything that i read in the manual seems to refer to the quick bit changer and the tool anyway i tried to hook up the probe and there is no plug in on the c version machine that i bought so does this have anything to do with the quick bit changer and why would they send me the probe if it doesn't work with this machine or let me know before i bought the probe.:confused:

Make sure you are looking at the correct manual for c machine. http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Manuals/CarveWright_manual_C_SN.pdf

The scanning probe manual may not have been updated. Make sure the probe is not for qc machine. If you got it from amazon they usually send the wrong one. We can replace it.

alias
09-10-2011, 11:40 AM
i don't know how to tell which one it is but i ordered it right from carvewright lhr tech. but there is no place on the machine to plug in a probe at all that i see

lynnfrwd
09-10-2011, 11:51 AM
It should right one. Did you find the cable and clip under molded plastic piece? Activation code for pattern editor on back of disk. Plugs into left side on inside of machine from LCD keypad side.

alias
09-10-2011, 11:54 AM
ok i found it i thought it was on the cutting truck i didn't know there was another spot for it thank you very much you were very helpful

lynnfrwd
09-10-2011, 11:54 AM
See page 8 for instructions for version c machine. http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Manuals/CW_probe_manual.pdf

alias
09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
just learning so please excuse my confusion but man what an amazing machine i love it

lynnfrwd
09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Nice to see so many newbies!! You're in the right spot to learn. Home of the experts!!