PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text over a carved region

Rocky
09-09-2011, 08:51 AM
A year or so ago I thought I read where one can have centerline text carved over a pattern. If this is true, can someone point me to somewhere on the forum that explains how to do this?

Thanks,

easybuilt
09-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I think you are asking about "conform". It is the box next to the size of your project. The is a add on you can purchase. Well worth the money.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?18733-adding-text-to-a-pattern.&highlight=conform

Old Salt
09-09-2011, 09:25 AM
You need software countor carving , that willl let you do this.

lynnfrwd
09-09-2011, 09:35 AM
It's called Conforming Vectors.

It's pretty simple to use. Place your centerline (or other vector) over the region (carved, domed, textured or a pattern). With only the centerline (or other vector) selected, click on the CONFORM box. It will conform to whatever surface is below it.

You should have it in DEMO mode and can play with it, but not upload to your memory card until it has been purchased and activated. If you do not, then you need to UPDATE your Project Designer software (HELP - CHECK FOR UPDATES).

BUY IT HERE (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=21143&cat=252&page=1)

Rocky
09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks, folks. I guess I'll go and see if I can afford it. :-)

Rocky
09-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Just bought it....thanks again.

Digitalwoodshop
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't use it that often but it is fantastic when used with the Maltese Fire Cross to add the names to the blank areas.... Before I had to do it as 2 projects, just the text a second time... Using the Bit Touch in the carved area upon setup to fool the machine. It has been posted that this is dangerous and could damage the machine. I have had good luck with it, but the feature is worth the money to me.... DXF Importer next...

I did this 2008 County Fair Fire Project and used Raised Letters for the names and it was a "Bear" to paint... A Rare Picture of "AL who" taken by ChrisAlb as he helped me setup that night literally minutes before the competition started. They were looking for something different that year, rather than the plastic stuff normally used..... That was the last year for the Fair to do the Fire Stuff... Tractor Pull has taken that slot...

Pictures 3 to 5 are examples of the area where the text goes in a recessed area... Don't think any were done with the new feature. I believe they were done with the 2 file method with fair results.

See the FRUGAL use of a 4 inch taped on Board to Maximize Board usage.... I leave the board LONG and add the 4 inch dead area to the right side of Designer and select to NOT stay under the rollers but with the dead area get the benefit of the wood always under the roller... I quickly cut off the new clock and move the taped board to the tip and go again...

FrugAL who