PDA

View Full Version : edge detection error

cwm
09-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I keep getting edge detection error. Anyone know of a fix ?

lynnfrwd
09-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Trouble Shooting Guide (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf) located at www.carvewright.com - under SUPPORT - then MAINTENANCE.

Edge Detection Failure Message page 9

Okay, now I'm gone.

cwm
09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Trouble Shooting Guide (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf) located at www.carvewright.com - under SUPPORT - then MAINTENANCE.

Edge Detection Failure Message page 9

Okay, now I'm gone.

Thank you I cleared that error then got clear board sensor error. Everything is working again thank god.

Digitalwoodshop
09-08-2011, 09:49 PM
If you get a fault and reset the machine without turning off the power and turning it back on again you will sometimes get a error until you re boot...

Could have been nothing.... A Motion Error then a Detect Error...

AL

cwm
09-08-2011, 11:13 PM
If you get a fault and reset the machine without turning off the power and turning it back on again you will sometimes get a error until you re boot...

Could have been nothing.... A Motion Error then a Detect Error...

AL
You Know I'm finding that out the hard way. Very nice machines all the same. I've got 4 hours on mine now, tomorrow will be a serious maintainence day, I think I'll field strip it and give it a really good cleaning. I'm glad I picked the carvewright over the shark mostly because of this forum.

Chris

Digitalwoodshop
09-09-2011, 08:06 PM
To put your mind at ease, before you do the cleaning.... Place a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank the head down. On the Keypad use Options and Sensor Data to look at the Board Sensor reading on the LCD. Something to try NOW to get to better to know your machine. It is a Quick Test you can do anytime you have a sensor problem. With the White Paper you will get a 156 as a perfect reading.... a 90 is a dirty lens or one of the LED's is snapped off.... A Old problem seen when the QC gets worn and you don't replace it soon enough. It vibrates and causes all kinds of problems like this... But more than likely you will get a 156....

You can also while reading this use your hand to move the FFC Cable as the reading goes through this cable and when a wire snaps from flexing it will make the reading change.... As in a bad cable... The FFC Cable is a "Consumable" .... Everyone should know what version they have.... 18 pin old or newer 14 pin and ADD 2 cables to the next parts order.... And as long as you are ordering parts.... Extra X Gears... Cut Motor Brushes... Changed every 250 Cut Hours.....

Good Luck.... Having the parts ship together you save on Shipping.... And a HERO when you fix the broken machine on a SUNDAY and your Wife Thinks you are the "GREATEST" making HER Project.... The other side.... Broken machine on a Sunday.... Should have ordered that X Gear.... Wife gives you Grumble Soup to eat... The X is designed to SNAP as a cheap part.... Rather than the $100.00 Servo or the $300.00 Computer....

OK... That is a lot of standing on my SOAP BOX.... But still GOOD Advice.... Plan Ahead.... Shipping is the most complained about topic... It is up to US to Maximize the Shipping in our favor... It costs a lot to run a shipping department.... That is why a flat rate shipping......

AL who

cwm
09-11-2011, 07:59 AM
To put your mind at ease, before you do the cleaning.... Place a piece of white copy paper on the board and crank the head down. On the Keypad use Options and Sensor Data to look at the Board Sensor reading on the LCD. Something to try NOW to get to better to know your machine. It is a Quick Test you can do anytime you have a sensor problem. With the White Paper you will get a 156 as a perfect reading.... a 90 is a dirty lens or one of the LED's is snapped off.... A Old problem seen when the QC gets worn and you don't replace it soon enough. It vibrates and causes all kinds of problems like this... But more than likely you will get a 156....

You can also while reading this use your hand to move the FFC Cable as the reading goes through this cable and when a wire snaps from flexing it will make the reading change.... As in a bad cable... The FFC Cable is a "Consumable" .... Everyone should know what version they have.... 18 pin old or newer 14 pin and ADD 2 cables to the next parts order.... And as long as you are ordering parts.... Extra X Gears... Cut Motor Brushes... Changed every 250 Cut Hours.....

Good Luck.... Having the parts ship together you save on Shipping.... And a HERO when you fix the broken machine on a SUNDAY and your Wife Thinks you are the "GREATEST" making HER Project.... The other side.... Broken machine on a Sunday.... Should have ordered that X Gear.... Wife gives you Grumble Soup to eat... The X is designed to SNAP as a cheap part.... Rather than the $100.00 Servo or the $300.00 Computer....

OK... That is a lot of standing on my SOAP BOX.... But still GOOD Advice.... Plan Ahead.... Shipping is the most complained about topic... It is up to US to Maximize the Shipping in our favor... It costs a lot to run a shipping department.... That is why a flat rate shipping......

AL who
You know i recieved a call from Amazon last night asking me if I wanted a refund or a new machine I opted for the new mchine, it arrives on Wednesday. They covered all the shipping cost, when I bought the machine and returning it and the replacement. I have to admit I was again tempted to take the money and buy a rockler shark, but I like the Cw machine and this form. So it'll be a new machine for
me.

Again thank you for all your help
They're not perfect machines but pretty close

Chris