PDA

View Full Version : Y Axis Stall and CW Upgrade Program.

jerrbitt
09-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Two questions. My machine has over 200 hours of cutting time. Just recently, my project stopped and the message was clean the Y Truck (or something similar). Well did that and machine got about halfwya through the carve and same error message. Tried again and this time message was Y Axis Stall Err E05-0303.

Are these messages all related to the same problem and what miught that be. (CW was no help the tech telling me to reformat the card.

Second, I've been thinking about the CW offer of upgrading the older generation machines A series. Has anyone had this done and what has been your expreince. $it's 400 plus parts if there are any bad. Not sure that's a good investment or not.

Thanks in advance.

hray
09-08-2011, 04:10 PM
i too had that problem it turnd out to be a bad bearing on the y truck

hray
09-08-2011, 04:14 PM
yes the ct upgrade is a good investment you get smoother carveing and less vibations which is better for your mch

Digitalwoodshop
09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
The 2 bearings inside the Y Gear Box go bad and the big plastic gear tilt's toward the center of the machine and jams. 5 mm x 12 mm x 5 mm. http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/5mm/kit768

The Shaft can get worn thin too and bearing won't fix it... I just ordered a bunch of the Gears form LHR to fix the Gear Boxes I have laying around.

But this problem can be a frozen Y Roller Bearing too.....

Search posts on "Y Stall" using the " " to make it work.... Lots of pictures to look at...

AL