PDA

View Full Version : While we're all waiting- Angel plaque and other questions.

Julie Coffey
01-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I've been pouring over the site and noticed that some of the examples shown on the brochure and in the dvd, advertisements are not present. Bob Hill suggested that I be more specific as what my needs and wishes are for this tool. So here goes.

I'm a freelance multi-media artist I work in ecclesiastical art, and medieval reproductions and heraldic art. Most of my work has been done by the hand carving or hand tooling of leather.

To be honest what sold me on this machine was the angel panel, the cut out wind panel and the contoured box.

Did the person who did the angel plaque frequent this board or was it done in house for CW? I have a ton of questions, and would like more background on this particular piece.

I have done the search and perhaps am using the wrong keywords, so far I've not found any information on it. Thanks in advance for anyone who replies.

Julie

David M.
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
The angel piece is a library image that come with the system. What do you need to know?

Ken-S
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
I looked for the angel piece in the library and could not find the image. I even did a search for angel and nothing came up. I have a good starting point with the Library but I too was hoping for more in the library. Did I missed something when I install the program? Just to make thing clear I install the program from the CD that came with the machine.

pkunk
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I looked for the angel piece in the library and could not find the image. I even did a search for angel and nothing came up. I have a good starting point with the Library but I too was hoping for more in the library. Did I missed something when I install the program? Just to make thing clear I install the program from the CD that came with the machine.
I have no idea what is left off from the full version of the software. The angel is in mine > Library>friezes. The upgrade version is supposed to be available to purchase shortly.

Ken-S
01-17-2007, 09:06 PM
They must have left it out of the new ver. I do not even have a friezes dir
Can you post it for us? My mother in law wants me to redo her cabinets with that angle in them. I would like to keep her happy.
And do you know what bit they used for it?

Julie Coffey
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
I have no idea what is left off from the full version of the software. The angel is in mine > Library>friezes. The upgrade version is supposed to be available to purchase shortly.

I'll be looking forward to that for sure.

Thank you to everyone who posted to this- Pkunk what other friezes do you have in your library? Just curious.

Maybe some of the new people who have gotten theirs from sears recently can tell us if the angel and other friezes are in the library. Would it be considered rude if they aren't to ask those who have it to perhaps share since it was available in the original software? I wouldn't think it a breech of protocol.

And if he comes on and sees this perhaps the Bard himself can sing an Aria and let us know what we can look forward to on the updated software library.

Till later- be happy.

Julie :)

endgrain2
01-18-2007, 09:40 AM
I just picked up my machine from Sears on 1/17/07 and it does not have a friezes option in the library.

mcky1models
01-18-2007, 06:47 PM
they are not in the sears software i recieved.

BobHill
01-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Bummer, but then it's something to look forward to when the upgrade software is available.

Bob

pkunk
01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll be looking forward to that for sure.

Thank you to everyone who posted to this- Pkunk what other friezes do you have in your library? Just curious.

Maybe some of the new people who have gotten theirs from sears recently can tell us if the angel and other friezes are in the library. Would it be considered rude if they aren't to ask those who have it to perhaps share since it was available in the original software? I wouldn't think it a breech of protocol.

And if he comes on and sees this perhaps the Bard himself can sing an Aria and let us know what we can look forward to on the updated software library.

Till later- be happy.

Julie :)
There's nothing else in 'Frieses' & I don't know if it would be OK for those of us that have it to 'share'. Carvewright hasn't said anything about this. Maybe I'll ask..... :D

Julie Coffey
01-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Thank you pkunk for replying I realize you have a full time business to run so any time you contribute here is welcomed. Especially to us newbies and newbie-wannabes.

If you asked that would be swell. Thank you.

And yes Bob that if its not included then it is something to look forward to.

Julie

mtylerfl
01-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Got my machine (and software) from Sears on Jan 10th.

No "friezes" in the Library.

Kenm810
01-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Hello to All -- Carve Wright had their machine tagged out of stock and offered to send me an email when they would be ready ordering and shipping again. I read several forum posts assuring that the two machines were the same, so I ordered my machine from Sears on 12/30/06, I received it on 1/12/07, registered it on 1/14/07. I had already down loaded the 30 day trail and had time to save a few projects to file, One was the Angle plaque another with ribbon bows on it and yet another fruit and veggies on it. After loading the software that came with the Sears machine I noted the frieze section was missing along with bows and all but one bunch of grape were gone in the fruit and veggie section. I started a new project today, when I opened the board settings the wood finish, Flat, Semi Gloss, and the High Gloss all appear the same. In the trial software the finishes were markedly different. I’m not sure what else might be missing. The trial software was one of the selling points and the main reason I ordered the machine to start with. By the way my test projects came out great.

The Bard
01-21-2007, 12:52 AM
*sees his name and pops in with the sun at his back and cape flying*

Actually, I've made several carvings while testing machines with the Frieze of the Angel in them. I wonder...

I'll talk to the two software guys Monday and see what's up with that. As far as when the new software package is concerned...

Let me share a story that happened Friday.

I get a call from a gentleman who has a problem with the software. I immediately run and hit Britt over the head with... um, ask him politely to talk to the guy. After a few minutes I hear this...

Britt: yeah? hmm, you know, that's actually a great idea. As a matter of fact, I'm going to write that down and see about putting it in the new update.

Then Britt happily skips to his... I mean, confidently walks to his dungeon..err, office and hums away pleasantly. I was waiting for his harmonica but he didn't play it this time.

So, it seems to me any software update/package is a constantly flowing and strangely morphing entity as the guys are constantly getting good ideas from people and wanting to incorporate them into the software. At some point soon I think we'll be locking him into his dungeon with a computer, phone, and pizza box sized slot in the door and not let him out till it's done. But I could be mistaken.

Oh, and yes, i DO sing Phantom songs LOL.

Greybeard
01-21-2007, 04:00 AM
pssssst ! If your interested in the fans, we made and modified about 400 for the film.............
Remember the Ball scene with all those gold and silver fans ? They were a real pain. Once opened, they had to stay open so the dancers could concentrate on their movements, and not worry about the fans.

Thankfully we've now retired and I can concentrate on "projects" :D

...but as it was a hire business we still have a lot of the fans..... :wink:

John

BobHill
01-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I guess I'm slow, but you say you don't have the angel but attach it for downloading ?????

Bob

pkunk
01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
He has it as an MPC project file but it's no longer in his Patterns thus cant be incorporated into other projects.

Rick Devine
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I was able to save the project and then do a copy - paste into another project

Rick Devine
01-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I was able to save the project and then do a copy - paste into another project

Greybeard
01-21-2007, 11:07 AM
How's this for a work around for people in Rick's situation..... :(
Make a new project (very large board) in your demo software, with all the contents of the library on it. Save to a new folder on your hd. Then after installing your new machine with the supplied software, copy the project file over to the library. Any time you need one of the "vanished" patterns, start by opening your "vanished_patterns.mpc", then delete all the ones you don't need.
You could of course do the same with a set of smaller, more manageable files. :D

John

The Bard
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd love those fans Graybeard! I have the Libretto from ALW's piece and see all of the amazing art that went into it. I also have the DVD.

I told Julie to download the Trial into another folder to bring the Frieze into it. I'll still talk to the guys tomorrow.