PDA

View Full Version : High School Logo

Rick P
09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
The attached jpg is supposed to be a "cleaner" file than a previous one I submitted. Will this make a better file to carve? Is anyone able to turn this into a "clean" mpc file??

lawrence
09-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Here's an MPC with the lines changed to carve-able vectors. I used the method I showed for cutting out the words.

I hope this helps--
Lawrence

bjbethke
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
The attached jpg is supposed to be a "cleaner" file than a previous one I submitted. Will this make a better file to carve? Is anyone able to turn this into a "clean" mpc file??

Will this work?

gregsolano
09-08-2011, 12:17 AM
bjb, I really like what you did by any chance can you post the mpc without the park wolfpack lettering and circles? In other words just the wolfs, Thanks.

lawrence
09-08-2011, 12:20 AM
This was a fun little pic... here's my go at an actual pattern with a cutout. You may want to play with the depths/feathering a bit (and use a wider board than specified so your bit doesn't hit the brass roller), but I think this would come out pretty clean.

I'm really liking the coreldraw/DXF importer combo, though BJB I like the puffy way a lot of your patterns come out and will have to figure out how to do that as my method can make natural items look too "blocky".

I think they are two very different but complimentary methods of making a pattern (and you are a heck of a lot more experienced at it than I am)

Anyway, I hope this helps,
Lawrence

bjbethke
09-08-2011, 12:48 AM
bjb, I really like what you did by any chance can you post the mpc without the park wolfpack lettering and circles? In other words just the wolfs, Thanks.

Thank's, will this work for you?

gregsolano
09-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Yes, thanks so much!