PDA

View Full Version : back belt is sliding

bamaman315
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
My back belt has slid toward the control panel side , how can I get it back to right location ?

pkunk
01-17-2007, 05:41 PM
There have been several other posts on this problem. The answer is to call Carvewright and have them talk you through the fix.

BobHill
01-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Just like the belt on my Performax Drum sander, the alignment goes out of whack at times, but the CarveWright does it far less than the sander, that's for sure. It's an easy fix, but the techs at CarveWright will walk you through it on the phone a lot faster and easier than any of us could write the directions for you.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

HighTechOkie
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Sure seems like it would be more productive for the guys at CW to put this in a pdf for all to visit when the time comes to make the adjustment. Doesn't make sense to talk every customer through the steps over the phone when eventually everyone should need to do this at some point.

Rob

BobHill
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Rob,

Perhaps, but with CW trying to communicate what's best for the situation, there has to be a judgment to determine when phone calling people is just too over whelming (and it has to be getting to that point) and trying to write a fool proof (not an idle term in this case) way to write the fix directions where the person will do it right instead of making it worse. Talking someone through the process and the cost of sending all the problems back to be fixed has a cross over point, I'm sure.

Bob

HighTechOkie
01-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, strategically, CW needs to make some major changes in how it does business if they want to stay successful while trying to mass market their machine. At the wholesale price Sears is paying them, its not feasible for them to answer everyones question(s) (and especially routine maintenance that a customer will forget the steps to repeat when the time comes again) over the phone. I appreciate the free tech support that is currently offered and would hate to see them go to a pay per incident just for them to cover their tech support expenses. You think there might be a reason why Dell and others outsource their tech support to India, or you pay for premium support to talk to someone in North America. I would hate to see CW implode from too much resources consumed by tech support preventing the company from improving its products (and software). I just hope this company is prepared for the rough road ahead. If not, they really should enlist the help of some strategic planners to help them address the coming issues.

Rob

bamaman315
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I called tech support and told them my problem and they said they would give my name and number to one of the techs to call me back. Within 15 minutes they called me back and , I have to say they are very good at what they do , I have been on the phone with them for over 2 hours with them telling me what to do step by step. They are going to have one heck of a phone bill on that service call. While I had them on the phone I asked them about a maintenance manual and I was told that they are in the process of having one made up now and when it is ready we will be able to get it from the website. So kudos to the Tech Team !!!And thanks for all your help.

BobHill
01-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I do believe you are seeing what those of us who are called the Beta people have been talking about on this forum for a long time now. You can't beat the CarveWright attitude towards their customers.

Bob