PDA

View Full Version : Gavel help

Deolman
09-06-2011, 12:52 AM
No, I don't need help with a gavel, I have already made it. I have also made a plaque for a young lady currently involved in IOJD in Oklahoma. At the end of her term she would like the gavel to be attached to the plaque to show she used it. She doesn't want to attach it permanently as she may want to use it again in the future.

So my question is, how is a good way to do this? I am certainly open to all good suggestions.

AskBud
09-06-2011, 01:52 AM
No, I don't need help with a gavel, I have already made it. I have also made a plaque for a young lady currently involved in IOJD in Oklahoma. At the end of her term she would like the gavel to be attached to the plaque to show she used it. She doesn't want to attach it permanently as she may want to use it again in the future.

So my question is, how is a good way to do this? I am certainly open to all good suggestions.
Think about how you might hang (suspend) a favorite bat that you want to use on occasion! Upright, or horizontal?
AskBud

Kenm810
09-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Do a Google Search on "Glue Dots" -- in the shop we call it "Booger Glue"
You often see it on flyers or credit cards you get in the mail. It's clear,
easy to remove and they comes in different holding strengths.
We often use it for Art Displays that have to be assembled for short or long term viewing
and then removed for shipping or storage without damaging the Art pieces.
Their are several manufactures ----- just a thought.
http://www.gluefast.com/packaging-bundling.html

GrammaPam
09-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Go to a local trophy shop and ask for a gavel clip. It's a little piece of aluminum (kind of like a clip that holds a broom) It's just what you want.
G.P.

Deolman
09-06-2011, 09:27 PM
GrammaPam, you were right on. I went to the local trophy shop and they had exactly what I needed. ($2.00) It will work out great The people on this forum never cease to amaze me.. Thank you. - Deolman

lawrence
09-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Go to a local trophy shop and ask for a gavel clip. It's a little piece of aluminum (kind of like a clip that holds a broom) It's just what you want.
G.P.

Excellent! I had no clue such a thing existed and now if I ever run into this issue I am aware-- excellent info!

Lawrence