PDA

View Full Version : clear board sensor error

cwm
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
First piece of wood and no go. I kepp getting clear board sensor, I've blown it of with about 20lbs of air and wiped it with a clean rag and still can't clear the error message . Is there anything else I should try ?

Chris

dbfletcher
09-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Load a board, place a white piece of paper on it, crank down the head so that the paper is under the sensor, then go to menu, options, sensor check and report back what it shows for the board sensor reading.

This is a thread that expands on this subject.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?18501-Board-Sensor-Error&p=156085#post156085

cwm
09-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Load a board, place a white piece of paper on it, crank down the head so that the paper is under the sensor, then go to menu, options, sensor check and report back what it shows for the board sensor reading.

This is a thread that expands on this subject.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?18501-Board-Sensor-Error&p=156085#post156085
I'm getting a reading of 154

dbfletcher
09-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Thats excellent! So next question would be, it the material (wood) dark colored? You can also try placing a strip of beige masking tape on the board where the sensor travels for the width and length measurements. If it is not light colored, tell us what the sensor reading is when you do the same test but without the white paper this time.

cwm
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Thats excellent! So next question would be, it the material (wood) dark colored? You can also try placing a strip of beige masking tape on the board where the sensor travels for the width and length measurements. If it is not light colored, tell us what the sensor reading is when you do the same test but without the white paper this time.

Stii nothing now I'm getting that 2200.00 glare from my wife lol.

henry1
09-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm getting a reading of 154
I just went thru that today, after a preventive maintenance on the machine I decided to put a new censor on , same thing so after looking at every aspect and veryfie all I decided to change the ribbon,, da' ta' everything back to normal again I trouble shot for about 4 hr all ok now whew man what a day

Digitalwoodshop
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Good JOB !!!!

AL

cwm
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Good JOB !!!!

AL
I called tech support and in 5 minutes had it working I even carved my 1st piece, wow what a machine.
Thanks for all you help folks.

Chris

dbfletcher
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I called tech support and in 5 minutes had it working I even carved my 1st piece, wow what a machine.
Thanks for all you help folks.

Chris

It is always helpful, if you can give a brief description of what steps you took to resolve your issue for future reference.

cwm
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
It is always helpful, if you can give a brief description of what steps you took to resolve your issue for future reference.

When I told the tech guy I was getting a reading of 154 with white paper he said it was more than likely the brass traction wheel. I turned the wheel with my thumb gave it another good blast of air from my compressor, and in 2 minutes it was working like a charm.http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.png

Chris