PDA

View Full Version : patterns

alias
09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
can someone tell me what the difference between a carvewright machine and a compu carve machine and will the same patterns work in both machines.

thanksfor the help

fwharris
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Same machine with a different top cover. CompuCarve was sold through Sears and yes the patterns work for both.

alias
09-05-2011, 03:22 PM
thank you very much i want to get some patterns but they are real costly but on ebay you can get 500 for about 30 dollars

dbfletcher
09-05-2011, 03:31 PM
thank you very much i want to get some patterns but they are real costly but on ebay you can get 500 for about 30 dollars

The only comment I'll add is that most of what you find on ebay has been acquired (polite way of saying "stolen") from this forum. It really annoys a lot of our members that someone else is profiting from their generosity of sharing on this forum for free. So please take that in to consideration before you choose to buy from ebay.

alias
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
i didn't know that but as i have been looking around the forum i see this is true and i will not purchase any patterns from ebay thank you for your help and info.

AskBud
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
i didn't know that but as i have been looking around the forum i see this is true and i will not purchase any patterns from ebay thank you for your help and info.Perhaps you have not seen this LHR link.
http://forum.carvewright.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=2046
It's what you go to it you click on the paper clip for the first pattern sharing thread. Any thread with a paper clip takes you to attachments within that thread.
AskBud

eelamb
09-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I will add to the comments here. Patterns on Ebay of large quantities such as the 500 you mentioned are patterns taken from the link AskBud just gave you or elsewhere on this forum. Therefore they are free/shared here on the forum. So why pay for them on Ebay when you can download them free here.
If you are looking for a certain pattern, make a request for it and if possible show an image, someone may make the pattern for you.

alias
09-05-2011, 05:07 PM
thanks for the help everybody i really appriciate it.how are patterns made and am i able to make my own

alias
09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
wow there are alot of patterns on that link thanks. not right for people to be taking them and selling them i can see why it makes the members mad

eelamb
09-05-2011, 05:57 PM
There are a lot of software packages out there to make the patterns. For now since you are a new user I would suggest getting to know the software that came with the CW. Then purchase some of the other software packages that enhance the designer software, such as the center line text, and later the scanning probe which includes the Pattern Editor software. With the probe you will be able to scan in figures to make patterns from, for carving.

Do read all the tips and tricks, and the software manual, doing so will prevent many errors and make using the CW much more enjoyable. Also ask questions and search this forum, there is a lot of useful information here.

AskBud
09-05-2011, 06:47 PM
wow there are alot of patterns on that link thanks. not right for people to be taking them and selling them i can see why it makes the members mad
Now go here to see things that have been placed in specific categories in the last few months (LHR started these new threads to simplify the look-ups). http://forum.carvewright.com/forumdisplay.php?67-Pattern-Sharing

Jeff Brit started the first one I gave you back in January of '07, titled "Pattern Sharing Depot". It has over a million posts.
AskBud

eelamb
09-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Bud did not mention it but on his post is "download links for your use" following by his link to his site where he has made many great videos, and tutorials. Check out his site and watch some great videos.

Woodripper
09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
As a "newbie" I purchased cd on ebay and was not impressed at all. Actually have not used any of the patterns.

bjbethke
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM
As a "newbie" I purchased cd on ebay and was not impressed at all. Actually have not used any of the patterns.

Welcome to this forum. I offer my patterns on CD’s and DVD's. I have posted lots of patterns on this forum since 2007. All of my patterns are made by me; I include all the formats used by the CW unit. Including the MPW format and the images I use to make the patterns. (Some times research) I work on Donations, but I would like to get at least what the last donator sent me. I have a DVD of the Department of Defense with over 1000 pattern files on it. I have over 4000 patterns of other subjects. I will work them up in a CD in lots of 100; (PM me with your e-mail) I would like at least $0.50 each for these patterns on a CD. (A CD holds at least 100 patterns $50.00 min). PM me I do not have a WEB page. (That would cost me more money)

PM me with an; e-mail address so I can send you samples.

I can also put then on Hi-Speed Memory Cards, but that would cost you more money.
No charge for Shipping. Just send a check to my P.O. Box.

Bill Bethke
PO Box 652
Yellville, AR, 72687-0652

As a Note: I never received a bad check, and I would double thank all of you for thinking of me in the past. BJB