PDA

View Full Version : No Joy

Cliff
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Well add me to the list of disappointed people having nothing to play with. I was to pick up my machine from Sears today but was told they were delayed. Now it might be the 26th of Jan or the 2nd of Feb they're not sure. Not much of an inventory tracking control system. Bad for customer service or sales, when they state a given date for pick-up then have to change it after the sale because they can't meet their deadline. Oh well I guess I'll just have to go wood shopping this weekend instead.

Marzluf
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
My "delivery date" is tomorrow (18th) with word from Sears that there is "no guarantee" that it will be on the truck adn that the date is just the earliest that it would be available. If ordered today, that "earliest available" is Jan 24th.

I asked how they could opperate never knowing what would be there when, and they said "that's just the way it is... we get an earliest available date, and it shows up when it shows up."

I can't believe they've been in business so long with shipping methods like that.. Heck... they said that even a call to the warehouse wouldn't tell them if my machine was on the truck. WTH ?? That's just crazy.

Still excited to get my machine though..... that hasn't changed. :lol:

Julie Coffey
01-17-2007, 06:27 PM
First they lost my order now its listed as an 'open order'. In all fairness to the manager of the department who has been in constant contact with me she is doing everything she can to help me.

So at least one person there knows whats going on, the people in the hand tools department have always been good. I don't know what happened, so I'm taking this added time to totally rewire my shop, make a hole for the new toy in the basement work room so its nice and warm. Get the forge fired up and practice my hammering techniques. In other words I'm trying to remain positive.

Julie

Cliff
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Mine is going out in my garage with the rest of my craftsman wood working tools. My garage has never seen my cars. The only problem I have is it's a one power outlet garage, so I now have time to run a 20 amp power feed with a twist lock receptical. It also gives me time to play with the demo software and I use Adobe PhotoShop for the graphics package, right now my test projects I've created have to much detail. And as for Sears what can you expect from a K-Mart company.

Julie Coffey
01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Mine is going out in my garage with the rest of my craftsman wood working tools. My garage has never seen my cars.

I have to chuckle when you mentioned the cars. When we went to look at our house (a 5 br 1.5 bath), first thing I asked was how many bedrooms then went straight to the garage/shop. It had been a 3 car garage (30x40) turned into a two car with a shop area. Now the cars are in the driveway every square inch of space is allocated, I had to move the kiln I use for enamel work to the basement to make room for my new 110# power hammer. The lapidary stuff is in the furnace room and I took over the area where the old wood stove was and thats now my finish and engraving studio. Since they suggest the Compu Carve stay in 60-100 degrees the furnace room seems the likely choice and I have room now that I moved all my belt sanders to the main shop. I've been paying particular attention to the sound reduction posts. But since I normally work in the basement while everyones at school or work the noise factor isn't as big an issue as it could be.

Julie

BenCraig
01-22-2007, 01:54 AM
And as for Sears what can you expect from a K-Mart company.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. HA HA HA HA

BC

revved_up
01-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Hi all-
New to all of this didnt even know this forum existed untill the otherday when I loaded the software that came with the machine. If I had known about this forum and all the vast information that I am trying to absorb before I even dare pull the thing out of the box, (believe me when I tell you this is killing me as paitence has never been a strong point), I wouldn't have waited so long to order it. I too was told that mine would come in on the 24th and it didnt come in until the 29th. I guess first thing to do is try and get one of those extended warranties everyone has been posting about and then read some more on here and dive in.

The Bard
01-31-2007, 09:02 AM
good luck... Post pics of what you do.