PDA

View Full Version : Winged Flying Foot

Rick P
09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyone have a Flying Foot pattern that the sport of track & field uses as a symbol.
Like the jpg attached. I tried to make a pattern if this jpg , but it came out very rough.
A high school track star sent me the logo from his phone.

bjbethke
09-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Anyone have a Flying Foot pattern that the sport of track & field uses as a symbol.
Like the jpg attached. I tried to make a pattern if this jpg , but it came out very rough.
A high school track star sent me the logo from his phone.

Will This work?

lawrence
09-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Very Cool BJB-

Here's another tack-- I changed it to a DXF and imported it. You can now play with the splines

Rick P
09-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Thank you BJ ... I think that file will work !!! I wish I could figure out how to do that...did you use just the 1.179 Designer program???

Rick P
09-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you for another option Lawrence !!!

bjbethke
09-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Thank you BJ ... I think that file will work !!! I wish I could figure out how to do that...did you use just the 1.179 Designer program???

You can, but it would be a flat image, to get a 3d look I use ShaderMap Pro. (Cost $19.00) I used the image you posted. It was a small image that was not clean. I like to use an image that is at least 150 to 300 DPI. I use Photoshop CS4 to resize and blur the image.
To use Designer you need to use the Quantize function. Bring it down to the lowest level and then move the control up till you see the distortion.
Since this image had closed loops on the lines (No Breaks) you can use the Magic Wand tool and Paint the colors in each loop. --- That is how I made this PTN. Hope this helps.

CarverJerry
09-05-2011, 11:17 AM
That puts me in the mind of the Goodyear Wingfoot that is on the top of the Corp. Headquarters here in Akron, Ohio I think I'll save that and make my brother a plaque for his 30+ years at Goodyear. Thanks BJ

CJ

bjbethke
09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
That puts me in the mind of the Goodyear Wingfoot that is on the top of the Corp. Headquarters here in Akron, Ohio I think I'll save that and make my brother a plaque for his 30+ years at Goodyear. Thanks BJ

CJ
Jerry the Good Year Boot is not the same, it also has the background. If you want the background removed then PM me your e-mail.

CarverJerry
09-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Now that you put that up there in a picture I see the difference. Thank you for those logo files, I'm sure that will work just perfect, now all I have to do is get well and get back to using my shop again.

CJ