PDA

View Full Version : Compucarve

Dale Osborne
01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Just got my Compucarve Machine today (1-17-07). I ordered it 1-7-07. Wanting to get started, but will probably be this weekend before I can try it out, by the time I read the manual,load the software and get a place in my shop for it. :D

Autodoc
01-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Congrats!!!! :D My day is coming soon!!!

Malfunction
01-17-2007, 07:51 PM
i drove to sears to get my carver today. i went in and scanned my receipt, then a service man came out with a disappointed look on his face. he went on to explain that they shipped a planer instead of a carver. he said this also happened to another customer that was expecting his today :cry: . i guess next time i will call (which will be this friday).

Marzluf
01-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe he's just thinking it's a planer by the picture on the box.. (does look like a benchtop planer)

I know I'd be double checking with my own eyes to see what came in..

Malfunction
01-19-2007, 06:55 AM
that's true. they did show me some numbers that didn't match up with what i ordered though, so i believed them. i viewed it as Sears not wanting to admit that they can't keep up with the demand for this product. it's no biggie though because i am designing a few products still, and i have some tile work that i need to get done.

my cc is supposed to arrive today, but i am fully expecting another delay. i hope not, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

Malfunction
01-19-2007, 06:57 AM
that's true. they did show me some numbers that didn't match up with what i ordered though, so i believed them. i viewed it as Sears not wanting to admit that they can't keep up with the demand for this product. it's no biggie though because i am designing a few products still, and i have some tile work that i need to get done.

my cc is supposed to arrive today, but i am fully expecting another delay. i hope not, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

Julie Coffey
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
They told me it would be here today- and it wasn't on the truck. I stood there and waited as the manager called the Regional Warehouse 'people' they said they are awaiting another shipment and should have more in the warehouse the eariler part of next week and that mine should be here by next Friday.

Again not holding my breath ( I don't look good in smurf blue) but at least the people on my end are really trying to keep me happy.

Best of luck yours arrives ontime and performs as expected. And everyone else who's waiting quasi-patiently. <g>

Julie

IM2HAPPI
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Howdy,
Well just for s_ _ _ _ and giggles I ran into sears and ran my receipt. Nope, they said Thursday the 25 th and probably not a minute sooner. Far cry from the 16th but they secured there sale. Hey Thelma, want to have some fun Thursday seeings yours wont be in till Friday?? Im usually the most patient person in the world but....I want my machine, my desktop is totally full of things to do now. Im looking on the good side, getting food prepared and house totally cleaned, hubby knows I will be tied up for some time once it gets here.

GregMelton
01-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Gotta chime in on my much anticipated CompuCarve. Those poor folks on the Sears order line should know my name by now. I have called no less than 5 times today alone. Each time I get a slightly different answer.

The latest and greatest has my machine "Shipped - but without a tracking number." They tell me that means it is somehow in shipping, but hasn't been released. Kind of a cruel joke at this point. "Call back tomorrow, maybe they can tell you then." Oh yes, I will!

I am with you Julie, I will not rest until my machine is plugged in an throwing chips! And then I won't rest then either, or so I hope.

dpowli
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear so many are having to wait, Somehow, I received mine on 1/17 after a one week wait.
Some good news for those waiting.... the mc worked terrific right out of the box! Ran 3 small projects without a hitch and I'm having a ball.

Hang in there, and I hope everyone has the good fortune of a "hitchless" start-up.

Malfunction
01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
whelp, looks like i'll be waiting. i called in to make sure they would have it today like they told me, but the guy on the other end of the line said it won't be here until wednesday :( .

at least now i can get my tile job done before my new toy arrives. lord knows how long i would have procrastinated if i would have gotten my machine.

Julie Coffey
01-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Thelma, want to have some fun Thursday seeings yours wont be in till Friday?? Im usually the most patient person in the world but....I want my machine, my desktop is totally full of things to do now. Im looking on the good side, getting food prepared and house totally cleaned, hubby knows I will be tied up for some time once it gets here.
Ok Louise <g> in the spirit of the season, online friendships, SHEER boredom and frustration with a touch of mischief. Please accept the following in the spirit of fun in which it was intended.

Julies Compucarve Christmas-

On the first day of Christmas my husband showed me-
A Sears TV Compu Carve ad.
On the Second day of Christmas my husband showed me-
Carvewrights web site, and Sears TV Compu Carve television ad.
On the 3rd day of Christmas my husband gave me downloaded trial software, Carvewright’s website and
a Sears TV Compu Carve ad.
On the 6th day of Christmas my husband gave me A list of conerns, downloaded trial software ,
Carvewright’s website and a Sears TV Compu Carve ad.
On the tenth day Christmas my husband gave to me, THE GREEN LIGHT TO BUY IT,
downloaded trial software a list of concerns, Carvewrights website and a Sears TV CompuCarve ad.
On the 7th day of Christmas my husband gave to me a Craftsman club membership, Green light to buy it,
downloaded trial software, a list of concerns, Carvewrights website
and a Sears TV Compu Carve ad.
On the 8th day of Christmas my husband gave to me A sales receipt of purchase (it would be here in 5
days!), Craftsman club membership, green light to buy it, downloaded trial software, a list of
concerns, Carvewrights website and a Sears TV Compu Carve ad.
On the 12th day of Christmas my husband gave me to – a hug because it didn’t come in, A sales receipt of
purchase (it would be here in 5 days!), Craftsman club membership, green light to buy it,
Downloaded trial software, a list of concerns, Carvewrights website and a Sears TV Compu Carve ad.
On the 42nd day of Christmas my husband gave me help getting it in the car, a hug for patiently waiting, a LIST
of things he wants made, a fresh pile of wood. And something we can joke about in years to come.…

Ok I'm going to go back out to the shop to do something useful- lol

Julie

Digitalwoodshop
01-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Don't forget the CWA, a 12 step program for the recovery part of this adventure. All I do is Carve all day, my kids miss me, my dog dosen't know me, I need another Pine Board under the rollers.....

pkunk
01-19-2007, 09:37 PM
But it's great therapy, and saves untold amounts of scrap wood (ie-mystakes) from the woodstove. :D :D

menewfy
01-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Don't forget the CWA, a 12 step program for the recovery part of this adventure. All I do is Carve all day, my kids miss me, my dog dosen't know me, I need another Pine Board under the rollers.....

sounds like a new country song

IM2HAPPI
01-20-2007, 02:02 AM
That was to cute Julie. I will copy that and keep it so if we have a glitch anytime we can remember back when we were in our waiting game. I went out last night for a couple hrs and got bombarded by a bunch of our friends. Were ya been, oh thats right you got a new toy. Felt terrible had to tell all no not yet. They should of known when they didnt see me coming with an armful of wood projects.