PDA

View Full Version : Remove Board Sensor

Darthmaul1964
09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
I am getting the clear board sensor error and have blown off and washed off the sensor but has not corrected the problem. From checking out other posts I think its time to removed the sensor and check to see if its broken or just full of dust. My question, do you have to removed the Z truck to take this sensor off or can it be removed without taking off the z truck?

dbfletcher
09-01-2011, 08:54 AM
All the info you should need can be found here (see replacing the board sensor), but to answer your question, no you dont have to remove the z-truck.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/support/maintenance.php

Digitalwoodshop
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
When I get the sensor problem, I crank the head real high and remove the 2 screws at the bottom. I found that cutting down the back of the plastic and removing the glued on tab gets you quick access to the 2 LED's, the Receiver and the plastic window....

IF the LED is snapped off.... You will need to replace the sensor...

With white copy paper on a board and crank down you should get about 156 on the LCD. 90 with a dirty window or a broken LED.

I used Masking Tape over my sensor and look at the date on the picture, 8/25/2008.... That repair has held with no trouble.... Catch the edge of the window with the masking tape to hold it in place.

Careful pulling the cable down as it will slide along the sharp edge and short out.... Had 2 like that...

AL