PDA

View Full Version : Problem: can't open Project Menu on machine

carl51
08-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Machine starts with "Accessory Menu" "scan area" and
is fully prepare to go thru the scan procedure (w/out
being so instructed).
Problem: it won't allow me to go the the Project Menu.
Scanner is not installed, card was reformatted and works
fine in Reader. Unplugging, buttons and arrows do not get
me to Project Menu. Scanning port is covered to avoid dust.
Last use was measuring a board, #7, but not any scanning.

mtylerfl
08-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Hello,

See if this helps...

After you put your card in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Press “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of Z truck.

After setting, turn off the machine, wait for the LCD to go blank, then turn on the power again - everything should now be "normal".

Digitalwoodshop
08-31-2011, 10:13 PM
MT beat me.... Good Job !!!!

Anyone who gets a machine that has just had the FFC Cable changed from the older 18 pin to the newer 14 pin will get this "Scan Area" on the LCD when power is first applied after the change. Changing the Probe data from the Truck to the Cover like MT posted above changes where the Probe Data will enter the machine later if you do a Scan. It is just a fork in the road... Truck or cover....

FIRST POST..... WELCOME to the Forum. I highly recommend you find the Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright Site and read all about your machine. There are plenty of things to learn before you move forward. We call the new user errors "Pilot Errors" as in crashing the Plane.

WE have all learned step by step and together many of us have written or contributed to the Tips and Tricks all the things that tripped US up.... Things to learn..... The 7 inch Rule of Wood.... Scaling..... Carrier Boards and Sleds..... This is just the short list.... And open and read the Operation Manual too.... When you crank the head all the way up it will CLICK and not go down... The Fix is in the Operation Manual.... Many a first post is about the head not going down....

Your machine was upgraded to the 14 pin FFC or that flat cable that follows the Z (Up and Down) Head as it goes back and fourth on the Y (Left and Right) head. Usually there is a piece of yellow paper that gives you the directions that MT posted. But sometimes they get lost.

WELCOME and Good Luck,

AL

carl51
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Excellent! Thanks to both of you for the quick response
and the exact solution. It worked like a charm.