PDA

View Full Version : As MT would say, "Back in the saddle again!"

Ike
08-31-2011, 11:08 AM
No I have not been watching Gene Autry movies! I decided to finally take the time to fix my other CW ! A little reminder I was cleaning and lubing the crank and removed the key pad panel. Only to let it slip out of my hand ripping the single ribbon cable from the panel to the controller!

I ordered a new one and was sent the double and after installing that cable I realized, hey that is the wrong cable! Well it went in easier then coming out and after much frustration trying to remove it I ended up with another useless ripped cable! $5.00 cable $12.00 shipping sent in an envelope via US mail for $3.00 OUCH!!!

Anyway back to the cable! I quickly installed the new cable only to find 2 of the outer wires on the double cable were broke! UGH!!!! I tried this I made sure they were touching and used black table to secure. As I put together all parts, all along thinking this is not going to work! To my surprise I ran a test piece and it worked!!!

So I took my planer out of my portable shop and for the next 2 fairs I will be running 2 CW! It is amazing how much different the 2 CW are! My newest one the head must not be level, has been from the start. I know the tracking is off, I keep going through sand paper belts!

Well I wanted to share I have 2 CW in operation again! Hope I will be able to say the same after the next 2 weeks!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
08-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Good Job IKE !!!!

AL

LittleRedWoodshop
08-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Good job and good luck.

Ike
08-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys!! Spit, chewing and bailing wire and I in business!!!

Ike

easybuilt
08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Nice job Ike!
It takes patience, understanding and all these great people on the forum to keep your CW running.
When you take care of your CW it runs great.
Good Luck at the fairs! Let is know how things work out.

TerryT
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Gladto see you back in operation Ike. I have missed your posts these last few months, my friend.

mtylerfl
08-31-2011, 05:02 PM
New song snippit for Ike..."On the Road Again..."

All the best at the fairs, Ike! Please try to keep us posted how things are going on the road while we're all stuck at home!

Digitalwoodshop
08-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys!! Spit, chewing and bailing wire, Masking Tape, Duck Tape and I in business!!!

Ike

I couldn't resist....

AL

rcdages
09-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Go Ike.

Happy to hear that both machines are operation for you.

dbfletcher
09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Well done Ike! I hope the shows go well for you my friend.