PDA

View Full Version : pattern website

Woodripper
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know who the owner of www.cwpatterns.com (http://www.cwpatterns.com) is?

AskBud
08-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know who the owner of www.cwpatterns.com (http://www.cwpatterns.com) is?See if this link gets you what you need to contact the owner.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17302-Jack-s-Pattern-Website-Thread&p=147536#post147536
AskBud

TerryT
08-28-2011, 07:40 PM
The owner went to the extra expense and trouble register this domain by proxy. A private registration that keeps the real owners info private. He also seemed to lack any contact info on the site other than an email address that was redirected from the site itself.

If you are looking for a certain pattern you should be able to find it here since everthing that was on that site came from here.

bjbethke
08-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I think he was one of them guys that tried to organize the patterns that we people donated for free, looks like he could not pay his internet bill
If you are looking for patterns PM me with your e-mail I have CD/DVD/s lots of patterns that I made about 4750 last count. I can send you some screen prints. Let me know what you like. CD’ds hold about 100+ patterns.
I noticed TerryT posted also, his patterns are very, very good – top notched

SteveEJ
08-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't know if this is relevant or not but when I went to his site my Antivirus (Bit Defender) stopped me in my tracks and wouldn't let me view. Just sayin..

jaroot
08-28-2011, 09:22 PM
When I went to his site it just said it was unavailable and requested the owner get in touch. I'm guessing the bill wasn't paid and based on the negative posts regarding this site my bet is he just threw in the towel.

SteveEJ
08-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Tried it with both IE and Firefox. Same thing.

SteveEJ
08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I just checked it with my iPad and saw what you saw. It must be with the redirect code in the HTML that bit defender doesn't like.

bjbethke
08-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Tried it with both IE and Firefox. Same thing.

Steve you might be running a high firewall on your computer??? - Always wanted to ask you if you were an Air Traffic controller in the Memphis tower, I was a Radar/navignal tech there back in the 70’s and also how is your Legacy ornamental mill unit working? I have wanted to up date mine.

SteveEJ
08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
BJB,
Normal firewall. Antivirus is stopping the browser.

Yep, retired from MEM in 2006. Now a contractor based in DC but still living in Brighton. Travel a good bit now.

I have not used the CNC much lately. I also have a REVO and use it for pen turning. Nice spiral and pineapple cuts. I have figured out the proper router speed and glue to use for acrylic pens. Really nice when they don't go 'poof'.

I joined the AF in 75 so I wasn't anywhere near MEM in the 70's..

Take care!

woodchip
08-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Steve, I was in AF 73 to 81, as an air traffic controller. This is why I now make saw dust.
Don